News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

[Solved] Open membergroup

Started by Nilom, November 08, 2014, 01:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilom

Hi there!
I was wondering if it's possible to make an open membergroup to a specific membergroup.
Let's say that you get group A when you register on the forum, then you need to apply to group B. When you are in group B you should be able to join group C,D etc. Group A should not be able to join any other group.

Is this possible to do? Or do you need a mod?

Mstcool

It's possible without a mod. However, I don't remember how to do I, but I believe that if you go to group C and D, you can choose the ability for group B to only apply to it. The permission is something like that, I don't remember right now. But try that. :P

Nilom

Alright, thanks!
Can't find the option, could anyone provide me with a screenshot of this?

Illori

actually it is not possible, as the option to freely join a group allows someone to join the group no matter what other groups they are in. that is not what you want. a mod would need to be made, off hand i dont know of any that do what you want.

Nilom

Alright, thanks for the quick answer!

Mstcool

Quote from: Illori on November 08, 2014, 04:01:59 PM
actually it is not possible, as the option to freely join a group allows someone to join the group no matter what other groups they are in. that is not what you want. a mod would need to be made, off hand i dont know of any that do what you want.

Really? Wow, I can't believe I didn't remember that. XD :p

Advertisement: