News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Title stripper (as sexy as it sounds, trust me ;))

Started by Jade Elizabeth, November 13, 2014, 09:24:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biology Forums

Did anyone figure out how to capitalize the first word?

live627

Post.php

Code (find) Select
// At this point, we want to make sure the subject isn't too long.

Code (before it, add) Select
$_POST['subject'] = ucfirst($_POST['subject']);

Not tested.

Biology Forums

Worked... Only downfall is that if the sentence starts with a number, it won't capitalize the first word:

For example: 10 flies flew remains as 10 flies flew without capitalizing the first f.

Gwenwyfar

Why would you want to capitalize after a number anyways? The number is the beginning of the phrase, it looks worse with it capitalized.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Night09

Quote from: Shuban on June 01, 2015, 12:50:38 PM
Worked... Only downfall is that if the sentence starts with a number, it won't capitalize the first word:

For example: 10 flies flew remains as 10 flies flew without capitalizing the first f.

That is grammatically correct as the number is the first word of the sentence. 10 Flies flew. is grammatically wrong. ;)

Steve

Quote from: Night09 on June 01, 2015, 01:28:21 PM10 Flies flew. is grammatically wrong. ;)

And as Fortytwo said, it looks awful unless capitalized case is use i.e. 10 Flies Flew. :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Night09

Quote from: Fortytwo on June 01, 2015, 12:52:39 PM
Why would you want to capitalize after a number anyways? The number is the beginning of the phrase, it looks worse with it capitalized.

Quote from: Steve on June 01, 2015, 02:44:46 PM
Quote from: Night09 on June 01, 2015, 01:28:21 PM10 Flies flew. is grammatically wrong. ;)

And as Fortytwo said, it looks awful unless capitalized case is use i.e. 10 Flies Flew. :)

Me or you has a crossed wire I think steve ;)

Biology Forums

Quote from: Fortytwo on June 01, 2015, 12:52:39 PM

Just saying

Steve

Quote from: Night09 on June 01, 2015, 03:20:57 PMMe or you has a crossed wire I think steve ;)

I don't think so. I was agreeing with you and in addition expanding on what Fortytwo said. :)

Night09

Steve

Advertisement: