News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 2.0.11 released

Started by Oldiesmann, September 18, 2015, 10:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

Quote from: Hotfuzz on September 25, 2015, 11:41:36 AMI do have a concern as to the Upgrade Patches Page. I was forced to download the patch from 2.0.10 to 2.0.11 and installed it flawlessly using package manager because every time I tried to run the update from the admin panel it sent me to a "404 not found". Now that I have 2.0.11 installed I'm wondering if I need to keep the update on my installed mods list or can I remove it?

Question answered here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=540079.0
DO NOT pm me for support!

gogotha

This world is our Host, we are the virus... consume or be consumed.

o0sniper0o

Apllicmz

suhaneankit

Good to hear..

Very good work.
7 Steps IRCTC Registration IRCTC Registration in 7 Steps
Check PNR Status IRCTC PNR Status

itsprabhucbe

I have updated latest Version. Thanks for your information

viabox_forever

I am facing problem.
SMF 2.0.11 is not supported.
How can i fix it??

Irisado

Support questions need to be posted in a support topic in the appropriate support board.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

dadaas

It is almost a year since last update, so what is going on? Should we move to 2.1?

Illori

alexetgus

SMF is abandonned ?
No update. No monitoring.

2013 : 3 updates
2014 : 3 updates
2015 : 2 updates (latest : 18 September 2015)
2016 : Nothing...
No ready for PHP7.

SMF 2.1 ? Nothing...
No ready for PHP7. No stable version.

The "project SMF" is in stand by.
It's sad... :(

Antes

Quote from: alexetgus on June 21, 2016, 03:19:14 AM
SMF is abandonned ?

No ready for PHP7.

SMF 2.1 ? Nothing...

Before Kindred jumps in and kicks you out :P j/k...

We are doing more internal tests than beta/open beta tests, that's a team decision and that's why you rarely have news about such patches, also most of the patches we release contains security issues, means if we release such patches to public test, other sites does not have this patch will be vulnerable to issues patched in that patch. We are currently working on SMF 2.0.12 & PHP7 patch for SMF 2.0, you can take a peek at https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/commits/release-2.1 - we keep working on new version.

SMF 2.1 mostly ready for php7.0 and we are working on php7.1 support as well. SMF 2.1's development is far more transparent than SMF 2.0. If you have any more question related to software start a new topic. We gladly answer them for you :)

Also mind SimpleMachines not only responsible for SMF project. We have some (small/big) other projects too (Like preparing this site to SMF 2.1 :P).

Arantor

Also, if SMF 2.0 needed more frequent patches, that would imply it is buggy, unstable and insecure. Fewer patches = more reliable.

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: alexetgus on June 21, 2016, 03:19:14 AM
SMF is abandonned ?

No ready for PHP7.

SMF 2.1 ? Nothing...

I believe guided by the number of updates, it means it is not better. The truth I still smf couple of years ago and the truth stability (compared to other cms I used) is not compared with anything besides can manipulate to some extent to make almost any idea to have knowing some programming ... I hesitate others can be achieved in truth. Rather late what should take but goes well, for my country the saying "Step by step, better late never" because to hurry things go wrong and many collaborate raring and leave their bit with much effort.

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Steve

The translator you used didn't do you any favors. That made very little sense to me.

Arantor

He's generally right though. Let's go through what I think is going on...

> I believe guided by the number of updates, it means it is not better.

Going by number of updates, more updates means worse. (Not always true but frequently; if you have to keep issuing patches to fix things, something is wrong with your QA process, especially if those are security issues). SMF 2.0 has had 12 patches in 5 years. This speaks to its reliability far more than it speaks to anything else.

> The truth I still smf couple of years ago and the truth stability (compared to other cms I used) is not compared with anything besides can manipulate to some extent to make almost any idea to have knowing some programming ...

I think Rock Lee is saying they started with SMF a couple of years ago, and that it is more stable compared to other CMS platforms used, but stability is not the only thing to consider, especially since you can change SMF to do almost anything [as a reason why updates aren't necessarily required, because why do updates unless you need to]

> Rather late what should take but goes well, for my country the saying "Step by step, better late never" because to hurry things go wrong and many collaborate raring and leave their bit with much effort.

Generally an observation that things should be better late but done well, with their country's variation on 'better late than never', because if you hurry, things go wrong and many come and go with doing a little but it's not all cohesive and people get fed up and leave before their part is done.

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: Steve on July 16, 2016, 05:03:46 PM
The translator you used didn't do you any favors. That made very little sense to me.

The translator I have used my mind, never carry me well with the English use layers if one translates better lol ... But I try to improve every day. I can English is not my forte but I'm trying to help as much as possible and be as clear as possible :D

@Arantor My hero translator hahaha :P

Regards!

Steve

I meant no offense Rock Lee and I applaud you working on your English. The rest of us should be doing the same thing with another language.

@ Arantor - thanks! ;D

-Rock Lee-

Quote from: Steve on July 17, 2016, 07:42:56 AM
I meant no offense Rock Lee and I applaud you working on your English. The rest of us should be doing the same thing with another language.

@ Arantor - thanks! ;D

Not at all @Steve is my weak point so I try always to help improve a bit, I try harder!

Regards!

Advertisement: