SMF 2.1 Beta 1 Released

Started by Oldiesmann, November 21, 2014, 12:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

This release is already beyond alpha.

Dragooon

Quote from: Rickardo on December 09, 2014, 07:03:06 AM
Hi all,

Firstly, I'm looking forward to upgrading my site to the new version.From the test site it looks and feels much better!

I'm sorry if this has already been asked (I've had a brief look at this thread but not read it all) but when can we expect this release to go into alpha??
Beta comes after alpha.

Kindred

and, if you were intending to ask "when will this release be final" -- the answer is (as always) "When it is ready"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Rickardo

Beta comes after alpha.

Ooops, so it does, my mistake!

So there is no expected timeline for a master release then!?

Arantor

Considering that it's done by a group of volunteers doing this in the spare time - and they do all have other real lives to contend with (little things like jobs get in the way of stuff like this)...

Rickardo

I completely understand. My forum is a spare time thing as well, certainly not my main job!

I'm just hoping I can go straight to V2.1 after the holiday season is finished, rather than having to undo all my (xmas) mods to my theme....  ::)

Steve

Quote from: Kindred on December 09, 2014, 07:10:22 AMand, if you were intending to ask "when will this release be final" -- the answer is (as always) "When it is ready"
Quote from: Rickardo on December 09, 2014, 08:13:47 AMSo there is no expected timeline for a master release then!?

:-X
DO NOT pm me for support!

Kindred

I can guarantee that 2.1 will *NOT* be in final release in 1 month.

You keep asking the question, despite the fact that you have been answered several times.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Gary

Well, it'll be after Christmas for sure. But no-one has ever said it being done by which Christmas. :P
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Arantor

I seem to recall 2020 was suggested in jest.

Dragooon

Quote from: Arantor on December 09, 2014, 01:10:06 PM
God, how much do you want to rush us? We're merely volunteers, unpaid too. Have patience.

Rumpa

Quote from: Gary on December 09, 2014, 01:00:47 PM
Well, it'll be after Christmas for sure. But no-one has ever said it being done by which Christmas. :P

Arantor

I know, right?! I was clearly joking when I said 2020, of course I meant this side of Y2K38 and the Unix Epoch.

Rumpa

This is Christmas gift for us.

Gary

Quote from: Arantor on December 09, 2014, 01:10:06 PM
Hah. I usually go for 2054. :P
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Deaks

ill say it will be released BEFORE I win euromillions!
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

saosangmo

I hope you and core team win euromillions at this time tomorrow.

Quote from: Runic on December 10, 2014, 10:21:17 AM
ill say it will be released BEFORE I win euromillions!

Kindred

If the team wins the lottery, we're taking a 2 year vacation to our own personal Caribbean island... 2.1 final will be out whenever we run out of rum!
Слaва
Украинi

Deaks

well i dont put lottery on so wont be winning soon and if I won euromillions do you think id be here?
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Arantor

Yes, you'd need something to occupy your time.

Heck, if I won EuroMillions I'd probably still be here.

Advertisement: