I got a few quirks in upgrade pkg, had to full install...

Started by Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting, November 26, 2014, 10:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Had a 2.0.9 test site and tried to do upgrade, kept getting stuck at step 16 and I'm not certain but it looks to me like it was balking on the membergroups table cause if i just exit out and try to bring up the main screen (index.php) with the browser it says table doesn't exist...

I finally got her installed using the full package and a new database and I really like the direction we're going... but I really couldn't tell very much about what caused it to choke on upgrade... however the attached error log might be useful for yas...

my test site is located at http://dev.rjventure.com

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Kindred

interesting...   this is why we have betas...   because we have two folks who have encountered errors that did not occur in our own tests of the upgrade.   Not sure what the differences are or why our worked and these fail... but that's why e pay the devs the big bucks... oh, wait........ :D
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Quote from: Kindred on November 26, 2014, 11:00:10 PM
interesting...   this is why we have betas...   because we have two folks who have encountered errors that did not occur in our own tests of the upgrade.   Not sure what the differences are or why our worked and these fail... but that's why e pay the devs the big bucks... oh, wait........ :D

Yes, and I'm a bit of an amateur interpreting error logs, but usually can figure it out eventually... in my original 2.0.9 test site I had several mods installed so that may have caused some issues too, I know the mod authors will be scrambling for a while trying to catch up but most of the ones I like are pretty good about that.
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

UPDATE, created a completely fresh install of 2.0.9 and did the upgrade again, this time it made through the first script but choked in the same step (or I should say right after) 16 in the second script, because I'm pretty it completes 16, so i think its step 17 that needs attention, attaching error log again, this one is much easier to read because there no entries after the full install this time...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Oldiesmann

5 errors in the log...

First 4 - looks like you're missing a semicolon somewhere around line 18 of Settings.php
Last error - Due to a typo in the upgrade file. Open upgrade_2-1_mysql.sql and change "$smcFunc['db_fetch_array']" to $smcFunc['db_fetch_row'] on line 773.

The step it's choking on is the one that updates the icon image names for the Administrator, Global Moderator and Moderator groups, and then attempts to move the icon images for any other groups from Themes/default/images to Themes/default/images/membericons. If you can't get past that step, try manually moving those icons before running the upgrade script, and you should be able to get past it then.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Quote from: Oldiesmann on November 27, 2014, 11:49:26 AM
5 errors in the log...

First 4 - looks like you're missing a semicolon somewhere around line 18 of Settings.php
Last error - Due to a typo in the upgrade file. Open upgrade_2-1_mysql.sql and change "$smcFunc['db_fetch_array']" to $smcFunc['db_fetch_row'] on line 773.

The step it's choking on is the one that updates the icon image names for the Administrator, Global Moderator and Moderator groups, and then attempts to move the icon images for any other groups from Themes/default/images to Themes/default/images/membericons. If you can't get past that step, try manually moving those icons before running the upgrade script, and you should be able to get past it then.

Thank you sir, worked like a charm...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Advertisement: