Hidden Board/Category problem

Started by tricities, December 03, 2014, 12:44:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tricities

When I log out as administrator on a new forum installation, I cannot see one of the board titles with two boards inside of it and can only see it when logged in as an admin.  I cannot find any setting that might have been set up differently after the fresh install as compared to how it was before.  The Terms of Use are within that category topic, so maybe all these years nobody has actually read it because they cannot see it and the admins don't know it?  Any clue on how to make that category with the boards inside of it open to viewing by the public?  http://ucfm2.com/pmb  Category is at top called "Public Message Board Information" with two sticky discussions "Terms of Use" and "PMB Status".  I can see them, but can the public?  I cannot when I log out and view it as a guest.
That's not a wrinkle in my forehead; it's from falling asleep at the computer desk on the corner of the wood.

Justyne

Go to Admin, then Forum, then Boards. You should see the modify boards screen. Hit modify on one of the affected boards. On there you should see which membergroups are allowed to see the board.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

tricities

That's not a wrinkle in my forehead; it's from falling asleep at the computer desk on the corner of the wood.

Justyne

A member group is a group of forum users, as for example "Administrators". They have individual permissions to see different areas of a forum. As such, a board might be visible to Administrators but not to regular members. Regular members might see things that "Guests" to the forum don't see.

I can't tell you what membergroups your forum has or how to best configured them as these can be set up individually on each SMF installation. Have a look which membergroups can see the boards that are affected. If for example "Guests" is unticked it would explain why you can't see the board as logged as as SMF considers you a Guest until you log in.
Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

Irisado

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Advertisement: