Running 2.0.9 and 2.1 on same server?

Started by meirav, December 03, 2014, 04:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meirav

I'd like to begin testing 2.1. Would there be any problem running 2.0.9 and 2.1 on the same server?

From what I can see, the directories would be totally independent, so it shouldn't be an issue, but I wanted to check with people more knowledgeable than I am. Thanks.

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

You will be fine doing that, but you don't want to use the same database for both, they need to be seperate.
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

kawajax

Why not? Because you can run example tree SMF 2.0 in same server, same time. Of course need different folder, and different prefix or DB.
No one is in charge of your happiness, except you.
http://shareitservice.com/

ARG01

The same server is not an issue. Since each install requires the creation of a database, logically they would each have their own database. I currently run a 1.1.x, seven 2.0.9's and two 2.1 beta's on the same server.
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Illori

They can be in the same database as long as each install has its own unique table prefix.

ARG01

Quote from: Illori on December 03, 2014, 05:49:49 PM
They can be in the same database as long as each install has its own unique table prefix.

True. But since the OP's intentions are simply for testing 2.1, using separate databases would be much easier and less confusing. 
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Advertisement: