News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Not sending messages on email

Started by H@M, December 05, 2014, 11:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

H@M

I added the forum on my VPS but it doesn't send any mails to new users to activate there account and if they requested his password it doesn't send anything can anyone help me to fix this problem?

Black Tiger

Did you have sendmail installed on your VPS?
Greetings, Black Tiger

H@M

Yes, Sendmail is already my newest version.

margarett

You need to check your configuration, maybe run a test script for php mail function.

Either php isn't  sending mails at all or, for some reason, SMF can't send mails. You need to check which is the the case first.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

H@M

I used the test script but it doesn't send anything anymore.

margarett

In that case, it's a server configuration.

Is your VPS managed or unmanaged? If it's the second case, you're pretty much on your own and you should seek support in more specialized forums, as not many persons here know how to deal with that...

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

H@M

What do you mean by managed/unmanaged ?

Black Tiger

Unmanaged means that you have to install, configure and support your VPS yourself.

Managed means your hoster or supplier of the VPS does support and installations on your VPS.

If you have to do everything yourself, you might check your logs like /var/log/maillog and /var/log/messages for what's going on.

Or like Margarett says, go to a more specialized forum. Or maybe I can have a quick look for you if I can find the problem.
However, I don't deal with installations like windows and FreeBSD, only Linux, preferable Centos or Fedora.
If you want me to have a look, you can contact me by pm.
Greetings, Black Tiger

Herman's Mixen

to early tho say its OS related... phmailer() should work standard out of the box if not contact your host and define your phpinfo();

What is a phpinfo() file?
Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

H@M

Arantor

So ask the people managing it what the problem is?

H@M

Quote from: Arantor on December 05, 2014, 07:19:17 PM
My forum won't send any mail to emails.

Arantor

That wasn't what I said.

If you have a managed forum, get *the people who manage it* to verify that your configuration for sendmail is correct. If you manage it yourself and there is no-one else who manages it, that means you are not on a managed server... (this sort of thing is actually important)

Herman's Mixen

Met vriendelijke groet, The Burglar!

House Mixes | Mixcloud | Any Intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent.
It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

Former Godfather of our dutch community ;)

H@M

5.231.61.32/phpinfo.php
Here's the phpinfo

margarett

Quote from: H@M on December 05, 2014, 07:24:18 PM
Quote from: Arantor on December 05, 2014, 07:19:17 PM
My forum won't send any mail to emails.
No, your server doesn't send any email through php, which you confirmed by running the test script ;)
So yes, you should talk to the people managing it ;)

H@M

Who can fix it just send me PM and I will give him the VPS username and pass to fix this problem.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

H@M

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: