News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Manually nofollow signature and links

Started by levely, October 26, 2014, 08:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

levely

I just installed the Anti-Spam Links mod and I set the mod to only allow users who have 4500 posts to post followed links. Now I'm running into a problem. I have over 4500 posts and all of my links including my signature are now followed. I want to nofollow the link in my signature and some random outbound links here and there. Is there a way to do this? With BB Code perhaps?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

levely

Okie Dokie ...well, plain text signatures it is.

Enabling [Url rel=Nofollow] would be a great improvement to this mod.

Arantor

If only it were that simple, which it isn't.

levely

Quote from: Arantor on October 26, 2014, 10:43:07 PM
If only it were that simple, which it isn't.

I'm sure you guys could do it if you put your mind to it.  ;)

Arantor

Probably, though the benefits are vastly outweighed by the work required, including your own work to nofollow things.

saosangmo

hi levely,
Could you updated this mod for the SMF 2.1 Beta 1?

thanks

Kindred

1- there is no mod here.
2- the original poster, levely has no idea how to write a mod
3- it is unlikely that **ANY** mods will ever be written for 2.1 Beta 1 - that would be a waste of EVERYONE's time.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: