News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Install of 2.1

Started by Powerbob, December 07, 2014, 08:10:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Powerbob

Installed like a dream, absolutely no problems as yet, been running the Test site since the release and no apparent problems so far  8)

My SMF 2.1 Beta test site; http://www.pplb.net/smf21/index.php

feline

wich theme you have installed?

Arantor

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

I've been playing with it some on a test site, I don't have any themes installed but I did install a couple minor modules and one major one, Simple Portal, and I am pleased, although I know it will keep me tied up for a while getting everything upgraded & functioning properly, I am very tempted to go ahead and run the upgrade over my live site... what do you think Arantor?

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Arantor

I think you should follow the advice of the team: don't run it on a production site, though I would add the caveat that if you have the skills to investigate and debug issues - and don't mind *doing* so, then it would be a plan.

I wouldn't entirely mind myself, for example, but then again I can investigate and debug.

Running a public test site that you don't mind get hosed (ideally separate account to a production site) is another story entirely.

Thanks, I believe that I will just go for it man, the type of traffic I currently get shouldn't have much problem with a short down time... I'm pretty good at troubleshooting SMF issues, whereas I am a bit weaker when it comes to quick resolutions... I'm all about risk & anyway, I really like the improvements to the core software and anxious to help yall iron out hiccups where I can...

Should be fun...

Where's a copy of the most recent upgrade package again?

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Arantor

Grab it from Github - you'll need to pull the upgrade files from the other/ folder into the main folder but other than that...

Hey what does "Token verification failed, please go back and try again." mean when trying to update settings in Simple Portal?

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Powerbob

I actually have three themes now running and have installed SMF Links (in 2.0 mode) with no apparent problems so far. I have now reverted back to Default (curve2) as Karaca still has a few bugs!

My SMF 2.1 Beta test site; http://www.pplb.net/smf21/index.php

Illori

Quote from: Bob Perry on December 11, 2014, 01:02:26 AM
Hey what does "Token verification failed, please go back and try again." mean when trying to update settings in Simple Portal?

you have gone back to a page you had loaded already? you can not do that any longer for security, you need to reload the page before it will save again.

Sorry man, been mulling over what you said and my site... I'm not following you, could you explain further...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Colin

You may have used your browser back button
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

jonnylbluejeans

I get this message on any settings change after my upgrade.  I was half thinking of pulling down 2.1 fresh and installing it.

Advertisement: