News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Yet Another YouTube BBCode Tag

Started by dougiefresh, December 10, 2014, 06:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gryzor

Hello!

We switched servers a short time ago and it seems I came upon a bug, described here: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=543430.0

Basically it seems like the mod wants to chmod something outside the forum path... I didn't have this problem on my other server, but I was wondering if you have any idea? Would be more than happy to provide any info necessary! Otherwise I'll ask for some help with manual installation (I tried it and I brought the forum down :D )...

Thanks - this is probably my community's fav mod!

dougiefresh

Quote from: Gryzor on February 16, 2016, 08:00:03 AM
Basically it seems like the mod wants to chmod something outside the forum path... I didn't have this problem on my other server, but I was wondering if you have any idea? Would be more than happy to provide any info necessary! Otherwise I'll ask for some help with manual installation (I tried it and I brought the forum down :D )...
This mod contains no "chmod" commands, so it wouldn't be responsible for said bug....

Gryzor

Yeah, as stated in the other thread, it's probably not the mod's fault but an arcane bug. I was just wondering if you could help out. Really, really weird...

Gryzor

So, I'll try to install it manually again. What I'd like to know is this:

I understand all the modifications, except for the part that says:
add_remove_hooks.php
This file should be able to execute standalone.

...what do I do with add_remove_hooks? Where is it placed, and should I call it somehow?

Thanks again!

dougiefresh

MANUAL INSTALL ONLY: You should place it in the forum's root folder (where the Sources and Themes folders are), then call it directly.

Gryzor

Ah, ok. That's what I did last time and the forum disappeared, but maybe I did something wrong with the edits. Will try again! Thanks :)

dougiefresh

Uploaded v3.10 - March 7th, 2016
o Modified auto-embed code so that YouTube URLs in signature are embedded as [url]{link}[/url].
o Merged English and English UTF8 language files together.

izotz

Hi all,

I came up with the same issue that Gryzor described. When installing the mod, I am asked for the FTP account details. I click on the install mod feature, and then my server home folder gets its permissions changed from 711 to 755. For this reason the whole forum along with other sites I have there installed will return a 500 error.

I understand this mod is not necessarily the culprit, but I'm curious about what Gryzor needed to do in order to install this, as I can't afford this to happen again.

Thanks for your time.

Gryzor

Nah... as it seems, it's a (serious, for me) issue with SMF. Look at my other posts (sorry, must leave and can't look now) and you'll see, for the time being I just did the edits manually and have given up on the entire problem until I convince my system admin to relax the server restrictions so SMF can do its job...

-Rock Lee-

I had not seen this modification very good job @dougiefresh As usual I leave the translation to the Latin Spanish.

index.spanish_latin.php

$txt['youtube'] = "Youtube";
$txt['youtube_link_invalid'] = '[ Vínculo no válido YouTube ]';
$txt['youtube_no_embed'] = 'Mostrar vídeos de YouTube como un enlace.';

// Locale (strftime, pspell_new) and spelling. (pspell_new, can be left as '' normally.)

and index.spanish_latin-utf8.php

$txt['youtube'] = "Youtube";
$txt['youtube_link_invalid'] = '[ Vínculo no válido YouTube ]';
$txt['youtube_no_embed'] = 'Mostrar vídeos de YouTube como un enlace.';

// Locale (strftime, pspell_new) and spelling. (pspell_new, can be left as '' normally.)

ManageSettings.spanish_latin.php

$txt['youtube_default_width'] = 'El ancho predeterminado utilizado para YouTube BBCode cuando no se especifica <div class="smalltext">Use <strong>0</strong> para utilizar la pantalla de v&iacute;deo responsive</div>';
$txt['youtube_default_height'] = ''El alto predeterminado utilizado para YouTube BBCode cuando no se especifica<div class="smalltext">Use <strong>0</strong>para utilizar la pantalla de v&iacute;deo sensible</div>';

ManageSettings.spanish_latin-utf8.php

$txt['youtube_default_width'] = 'El ancho predeterminado utilizado para YouTube BBCode cuando no se especifica <div class="smalltext">Use <strong>0</strong> para utilizar la pantalla de vídeo responsive</div>';
$txt['youtube_default_height'] = ''El alto predeterminado utilizado para YouTube BBCode cuando no se especifica<div class="smalltext">Use <strong>0</strong>para utilizar la pantalla de vídeo sensible</div>';

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

dougiefresh

Uploaded v3.11 - April 7th, 2016
o Added Spanish Latin translation by Rock Lee [BC].

@Rock Lee [BC]:  Thank you for the translation!  It's been included in this version!

guyfriendly

Works good here, but the default video size is too big and covers the whole thread.  Any idea how to make them default?

Gryzor

Quote from: guyfriendly on April 18, 2016, 08:59:43 PM
Works good here, but the default video size is too big and covers the whole thread.  Any idea how to make them default?

Go to the settings in the Admin panel, you can set the width and height there (default is 'responsive')

Bruz

Hello!

I only can see one BBCode button. This mod have one or more?

Thank you!

Gryzor

One, I guess, why would there be more?

Bruz

Quote from: Gryzor on June 18, 2016, 01:34:07 PM
One, I guess, why would there be more?

Oh, sorry, I understand wrong (my english is'nt very good  ;) )

I think that every BBCode in "Admin => Forum => Posts and Topics => Bulletin Board Code" have his own button (for yt_search etc).

Thank you!!

Gryzor

Oh yes, I see what you mean, there are other functions too. But I guess you have to insert those manually...

Bruz

Quote from: Gryzor on June 18, 2016, 01:47:28 PM
Oh yes, I see what you mean, there are other functions too. But I guess you have to insert those manually...

No problem! I thought that was installed wrong, but all is OK!!

Thank you very much.

Gryzor

Actually I had forgotten it also supports other tags than the basic one until your post :D

FilipEL

Great job, thanks so much for this mod :)

Advertisement: