Yet Another YouTube BBCode Tag

Started by dougiefresh, December 10, 2014, 06:09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh

@jsgrom: Let me see what I can do about that feature request and/or bug reports....

dougiefresh

Quote from: jsgrom on May 16, 2017, 05:41:21 AM
I'm lacking in settings on/off this modification. Such a function has a Ohara YouTube Embed modification.

Also I'm lacking the possibility of set position of the film in this modification, automatically the film is shown on the left side, would be great if it was possible to set the film in the middle. Should be choice.

Automatically long links from yt are exchanging on built films, but short links youtu.be stay as links, so here is some bug I think.

I'm lacking in function on or off automatic changing links into built films. Such a option is in Ohara YouTube Embed modification.

I think that taking the example from the other modification isn't bad.

Is there a chance of adding these suggestions to the modification?
Quote from: dougiefresh on May 18, 2017, 09:54:11 AM
@jsgrom: Let me see what I can do about that feature request and/or bug reports....
@jsgrom: Can you provide me with some examples of links that don't work for you?

dougiefresh

Uploaded v4.2 - July 6th, 2017
o Reorganized file edits to support SMF 2.1 Beta 3 properly.
o Removed support for SMF 2.1 Beta 2.

Gryzor

Thanks for the continued support :)

ceekay27

Quick question that I think I know the answer to but just want to double check.
Does take my bandwidth or Youtubes?

Great mod by the way, thanks.

Gryzor

Youtube, of course. It embeds the YT player!

ceekay27

Lol, I thought as much, but always best to check. Thanks very much  ;)

Gryzor

landyvlad

I really love this mod.  It does just what it says.
Any chance that it could be extended to handle vimeo as well?
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

dougiefresh

Quote from: landyvlad on July 12, 2017, 09:19:04 PM
This mod covers only YouTube.  I won't alter it to include other video sites.  But I can probably whip something up for Vimeo using one of my other video embed mods as a template....

dougiefresh

Quote from: dougiefresh on July 12, 2017, 09:27:38 PM
Quote from: landyvlad on July 12, 2017, 09:19:04 PM
This mod covers only YouTube.  I won't alter it to include other video sites.  But I can probably whip something up for Vimeo using one of my other video embed mods as a template....
Send ya a PM....

dougiefresh

Uploaded v4.3 - July 16th, 2017
o Added ability for user to full-screen the video.

Colin

Thanks for your work on this, Dougiefresh.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

LadyLike

Does this mod not support the BBC code in signatures? I made sure the BBC code is enabled yet it's not working for me. When I add it to my signature it parses it as a link.

dougiefresh

Quote from: LadyLike on August 11, 2017, 08:02:18 AM
Does this mod not support the BBC code in signatures? I made sure the BBC code is enabled yet it's not working for me. When I add it to my signature it parses it as a link.
This is done on purpose and will not be changed.  Large signatures are irritating, and video signatures even more so....

If you want that functionality, then comment out or remove lines 410 and 411 in Sources/Subs-BBCode-YouTube.php.  They are:
if (strpos($cache_id, 'sig') !== false)
$message = preg_replace('#\[youtube.*\](.*)\[\/youtube\]#i', '[url]$1[/url]', $message);

jsx

Quote from: dougiefresh on May 18, 2017, 09:54:11 AM
@jsgrom: Can you provide me with some examples of links that don't work for you?

While creating the new post in the editor of writing when I will put for example link like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkZkekS8NQU

It automatically will pose itself film built in, and if I add the shortened link to it video:

https://youtu.be/RkZkekS8NQU

It will not-pose itself film built in. If only a film built in was formed of a shortened link it is necessary to tag this link with youtube tag. Do you understand? So you have some bug in this modification.

dougiefresh

Uploaded v4.4 - August 24th, 2017
o Fixed auto-embed so that youtu.be/RkZkekS8NQU will embed itself properly.
o Added option to allow to embed YouTube videos in signatures. (BAD IDEA!!)

@jsgrom:  This update should fix the bug you reported.  Thank you!

@LadyLike:  I've decided (against my better judgement) to include an option to allow YouTube videos in signatures.  I hope this solves the issue you brought up....

Gryzor

Thanks for the update!

Can I ask for a little help? I don't understand how auto-embed works... if my users just type a YT URL, it just turns into a URL (as per SMF), it never auto-embeds, and I see no such option... Thanks!

dougiefresh

Quote from: Gryzor on August 24, 2017, 10:37:50 AM
Thanks for the update!

Can I ask for a little help? I don't understand how auto-embed works... if my users just type a YT URL, it just turns into a URL (as per SMF), it never auto-embeds, and I see no such option... Thanks!
Link, please.....

Gryzor

Ok, weird thing. I often have to edit my users' posts to add the BBcode. I now tried just pasting a YT link and it was auto-embedded!! Are there special permissions?

Right now I can't find a simple link because as I said I edit them, but let me know if you want me to try and replicating it? I've already asked my users over at http://www.cpcwiki.eu/forum/off-topic/just-a-test-13793/msg148577/#msg148577 ...

Advertisement: