vB3.5-SMF Conversion Problems

Started by thedagda, October 14, 2005, 02:04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedagda

I'm trying to convert a vb3.5 forum over to SMF to integrate into a Joomla! powered site.  The installation of SMF had no problems.  I downloaded the vbulletin3_to_smf.php converter and tried running it.  I'm getting the following error during step 1:

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 3. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

SMF is installed in the same database as VB.  I have copied the VB files into a sub-folder of the forums.  The MySQL user for SMF is the same as for VB and should have full access to both.

Does anyone have any additional recommendations on converting over to SMF?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Conor

Oldiesmann

Make sure that the MySQL username and password are the same for both forum systems.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

thedagda

Quote from: Oldiesmann on October 14, 2005, 02:08:30 PM
Make sure that the MySQL username and password are the same for both forum systems.

Check - both are the same.    I am able to a connect to the server and database using that username through a third-party client (navicat).   

Oldiesmann

Not sure what to tell you then. If the usernames and passwords are the same, and they're both installed on the same database, then SMF should be able to connect to it...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

thedagda

Hmm... well thanks for the help.  I'll keep plugging away.

Conor

Advertisement: