Quick reply submission

Started by misus, December 28, 2014, 05:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

misus

Good morning!  :)

Could someone please help me with a small issue im having on my SMF forums.
When i try to submit a msg. from my quick reply box using SHIFT+ALT+S, i'm getting this error :

"The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message body was left empty.
"

Although the msg, field wasn't empty.

misus

I mark the thread as solved because i uninstalled this mod and it works fine.

:-\

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Quote from: misus on December 28, 2014, 05:48:10 AM
I mark the thread as solved because i uninstalled this mod and it works fine.

:-\
I haven't got any feedback from the said mod by other users. But I do periodically check my mods and definitely will check this mod again.

I downloaded the package from http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3891. Installed it on my test site. And nope, I cannot reproduce your error on my test forum. SHIFT+ALT+S definitely is working just fine with no error or problem. It's really strange when I cannot reproduce an error so I suspect there is another mod that affects that function in your forum.

misus

Thank you for the quick reply, let me try reinstalling the mod and see if i get the same error.

misus

No :( it won't work. I get the same error :

"The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message body was left empty."

But i mention that i did have some issues with the WYSIWYG Quick Reply v2, i uninstalled it though and i don't think it's still causing problems.

I do not know but my advise is, do check if you have properly installed / uninstalled your mods. WYSIWYG Quick Reply v2 mod doesn't directly affects QRR since QRR is using its own template. And any affect to QRR template must be done manually.

But do also check which version that you are using as well. QRR current version is 1.1.2.

Steve

I installed QRR 1.1.2 and can confirm that it works just fine.

Uninstalling QRR doesn't necessarily mean this mod is the problem, it can just mean there's a conflict with another mod.

What other mods do you currently have installed?
DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: