AMSP - Add Member's Signature Permission (Partially Hook!)

Started by Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail, January 03, 2015, 02:16:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hj Ahmad Rasyid Hj Ismail

Link to Mod

AMSP - Add Member's Signature Permission

- For SMF 2.0.x
- Partially using hook, modifications on three files.

1. Please do your own backup though every installation is backed up automatically.
2. By default, forum members are usually allowed to have their own signatures (to advertise).
3. These signatures are shown at display (post), personal messsage, profile summary etc (are there any more?).
4. Some signatures are anoying and forum admins / owners dislike this (or they want to charge some payment for them :P).
5. Using this mod added permission, forum admins / owners can decide which groups are allowed to have their signatures.
6. This mod will automatically stop displaying all members' signatures (other than admin groups), until permission is given.
7. You can test it in all lower SMF 2.0.x version too as IMO it should work just fine. ;)

Thank you for using/testing it.

Yours friendly,
Abu Fahim Ismail.

BSD License. Feel free to modify accordingly but keep original and current authors' link(s) if it is in there somewhere. ;)

Github link: ahrasis/AMSP-Add-Members-Signature-Permission-Mod

#Change Logs

@Version 1.0.1
- Fix display in both classic and simple view in permission page.

@Version 1.0.0
- Initial release.

Updated...

#Change Logs

@Version 1.0.1
- Fix display in both classic and simple view in permission page.

bosswhite

This mod installs successfully on my forum (SMF 2.0.9).

However, if I set it so that signatures are not allowed in a particular member group, the option to add a signature is still displayed in a user's profile within that group.

Has anybody else experienced any problems with this mod?
I've been down so long now it's beginning to look like up..

Make sure you are not in admin group when you are testing that.

bosswhite

I logged in as a user with no admin rights.

The user was a member of a test group with signatures disabled, but it still allowed him to create a signature.

Strange indeed. I will try to look into it. You are using version 1.0.1 right? Is that member's signature being displayed (or not)?

I have created a fresh 2.0.9 forum and installed 1.0.1 version of this mod directy from SMF but I cannot reproduce your reported issue. The mod simply work upon its installation. Only admin and group with permission can add, edit, show and see signature.

bosswhite

I tried again.
I created a new group called NoSignatures and added a member to it who has no administrative privileges (one that I registered for testing purposes).
I installed the mod and then went into Permissions for the group NoSignatures and made sure the signatures box was unchecked and saved.

I then logged out and logged back in as the test member.

In the test member's profile the signatures box displays and I was able to add a signature. Something is not working right!

AMSP.partiallyhooks.v.101 | SMF 2.0.9 | SimplePortal 2.3.6

I did the same as yours but I cannot reproduce it on a freshly installed forum. I tried both on regular group as well as unique permission group. Did your group has unique permission or inherited it from regular group? Do check that as well.

Edited: Anybody else facing the same problem /  issue?

bosswhite

The group I created was based off regular members and then set to have unique permissions, private and invisible.

dekatria

Since I am very much interested in this, it would be nice if we had more feedback.
Also what does "Partially Hook" mean?

Advertisement: