News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Hide Content

Started by kelvincool, January 03, 2015, 11:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yarik1980

SELECT mg.id_group, mg.group_name
FROM {db_prefix}membergroups mg',

And all who don't need to see hidden groups ???
SELECT * FROM {db_prefix}membergroups
WHERE hidden = 0',

This is how only public groups will be visible

dominioboys

hi I installed the mod SayThanks_1.3.6 and the mod HideContent_1.1.4

the mod say thanks I add at the top right of each post a button to thank and it works, but when in the content of the message I use the "hide" function on the content

anyone who clicks thanks at the top, remains loading forever .. what is it due to?
only by updating the page does the content in the hide show otherwise no

i'm using smf 2.0.17

dominioboys

the mod works in part there must be something that blocks the execution of the thanks and in the various tests when there is no "hide" code it works regularly
I note this though:
in the install.xml file it only gives me to add codes before and after
but when i try to uninstall the mod it gives me this
code(search):
$context['hc_current_post'] = $row;
$autoLinkUrlsSetting = $modSettings['autoLinkUrls'];
$modSettings['autoLinkUrls'] = "";
$context['message']['body'] = parse_bbc($context['message']['body'], $row['smileys_enabled'], $row['id_msg'], array('hide'));
$modSettings['autoLinkUrls'] = $autoLinkUrlsSetting;
unset($context['hc_current_post']);
$context['message']['body'] = parse_bbc($context['message']['body'], $row['smileys_enabled'], $row['id_msg']);

replace:
$context['message']['body'] = parse_bbc($context['message']['body'], $row['smileys_enabled'], $row['id_msg']);

in fact in the code I have this:
a double string equal correct?
$context['hc_current_post'] = "preview";
$autoLinkUrlsSetting = $modSettings['autoLinkUrls'];
$modSettings['autoLinkUrls'] = "";
$context['preview_message'] = parse_bbc($context['preview_message'], (isset($_REQUEST['ns']) ? 0 : 1), '', array('hide'));
$modSettings['autoLinkUrls'] = $autoLinkUrlsSetting;
unset($context['hc_current_post']);
$context['preview_message'] = parse_bbc($context['preview_message'], isset($_REQUEST['ns']) ? 0 : 1);

so the code added, did not replace

and in the smf logs comes out this:
Call to undefined function template_hidecontent_wrapper(

and add this error:
File:/******/Sources/SayThanks.php

Errore: 2: offset stringa non valido 'id_msg'

URL: ?azione:post2;scheda-13;anteprima;xml

Sectomy

hi,
i know its old, but im running the WYSIWYG Editor from smfpacks, how to add the BBC Button to their editor as well ?
is there a way ?
thank you

Sectomy

ok it seems it doesnt work at all....
deinstalled the WYSIWYG Editor....and mmh..... i can see it, and theres no code inserted at all....
bug ? problem ?
(runnning 2.0.17)
or does anyone how to get it worked, i just want it, that only registered users can read the topic, and the text need em to do an register to the forum.....

best regards

andi

Sectomy

or can say anyone what i have to edit in the other Editor ? which files, noone uses this mod with the WYSIWYG Editor  ? :/

Sectomy

or is it possible to make a master switch for hide all content for unregistered, except certain boards ? or can i make this setting without the BBCode ? or where would i edit/set it ?(which file ?)

-Rock Lee-

Nothing in the error log of your administrative panel? What version of PHP does your hosting work?

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

lun4r

Thank you for the cool mod. But unfortunately, I also have errors. One of them is critical.

https:/XXXX/index.php?action=admin;area=logs;sa=errorlog;descApply
: Undefined index: hidecontent_settings
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/wwwroot/xxx/Sources/HideContent.php
Line: 153

Type of error: Critical
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL
https://xxxxx/index.php?action=admin;area=modsettings;sa=hidecontent
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
Call to undefined function ModifyHideContentSettings()

SMF 2.0.17 PHP 7.2.33 NGINX

Thank you in advance!

grandseb59

I also have a problem with this mod, but in my opinion it's useless to write on this thread, we won't have support for this mod.
kevincool last logged in on July 29 , 2018, 11:26:48 am
damage :(

Arantor

That and the fact I have yet to see a *good* reason to use it.

grandseb59

for nothing to hide from you I have a forum for sharing and mutual aid and I have many people who make available different kinds of sharing to our members, free of charge. And they'd like a minimum of feedback.... a "thank you" for what they have made available, hence the usefulness of this mod related to the thanks mod.
After I also start from a principle which is, that we are not here to reeducate people and that if they have not learned politeness, it is not up to us to do so.
But those who make it available on my forum, swear by this "hide" and urge me to reactivate it.
This mod was my last chance to please them.
Is this a "good" reason?
I hope so...
Unless you or someone else wants to take over and take care of this mod... I'm in a bad way and will have to do without it.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Shambles

Quote from: grandseb59
I also have a problem with this mod, ...

Explain your problem - let's see what we can do to help.

grandseb59

Thank you for your interest in my problem.

In the Mod "hide content" configuration:
I just "activate the mod: thank" value: 1
and defined the sections where it would be applicable and the groups that will escape this mod (the staff).

when a member (non-staff) arriving on a page where the text is hidden using the hide thank=1 and /hide tags (between brackets of course).
he comes across this:

and if he clicks on "thank" or if he reply to the topic, the text remains hidden with this error message.

grandseb59

kelvincool

There's two problems, you've changed the wording on that template and broken it by changing {thanks_needed} to {thanks_need}.

Secondly you've misunderstood the feature, the hide by thanks count one is about hiding the content based on how many thanks the user viewing the contents has, that's why thanking the post does nothing because it's about how many times you yourself as the user has been thanked. The one you are looking for is the thanked feature which you can enable in the config. That one will only show content if the user thanks the post.

I would not recommend using this mod as you can see it's not supported at all.

grandseb59

Quote from: kelvincool on October 16, 2020, 02:10:48 PM
I would not recommend using this mod as you can see it's not supported at all.

ok ;)

AstroBilly

Hi!

I've installed this mod on 2.0.18. It gave mi this error

Call to undefined function create_function()

and blocked entire forum. It was unblocked when removed HideContent.php file from Sources.

I'm running PHP 8.0, so when I change it back to 7.4 and uploaded back HideContent.php everything works great, no errors.

Is it possible to make this file work on php 8.0?

shadav

Quote from: AstroBilly on April 18, 2021, 05:13:24 AM
Hi!

I've installed this mod on 2.0.18. It gave mi this error

Call to undefined function create_function()

and blocked entire forum. It was unblocked when removed HideContent.php file from Sources.

I'm running PHP 8.0, so when I change it back to 7.4 and uploaded back HideContent.php everything works great, no errors.

Is it possible to make this file work on php 8.0?

please note that smf 2.0.18 is not made to work with php8, the highest php that it is made to work with is 7.4

as for this mod, I am not sure what the php level is for it, more than likely 7.2

kelvincool

I have updated this mod to be compatible with SMF 2.1.1 now and also made it hooks only.

Advertisement: