News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Hide Content

Started by kelvincool, January 03, 2015, 11:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motosimak

Everything works fine , thank you!

The only problem is fixed menu "hide". If a lot of groups and a check mark on the groups , it is impossible to apply the provisions of hiding .

If you can, make a floating menu options to hide or location horizontally

Ps: Theme Resseller
Resolution1280 * 1024
I test at work

kelvincool

I will look into that for the next release, you need over 20 groups to cause that issue.

motosimak

And you can make the ban hidden content indexing by search engines ?

Example indexing:
Yandex.ru
search query: (url:www.knowpc.ru/programmirovanie/paket-programm-dlja-nakrutki-youtube-and-adfly/ | url:knowpc.ru/programmirovanie/paket-programm-dlja-nakrutki-youtube-and-adfly/)

kelvincool

That has happened because the content of the first post has been used as the meta description and that is not processed by the BBC parser. Are you using a mod to make the first post content the meta description? Usually it's the topic title.

It's going to be quite difficult to fix that issue, for the time being I suggest posting your hidden content in the second post or having more description before your hidden content.

motosimak

You can add ?:
1. hide time user registration
2. hide for a particular nick or more nicknames separated by commas

kelvincool

1. That is a weird condition to hide content with, what would you say? "You must be registered for 7 days before you can see this content"? What would be the point in doing this other than delaying them?
2. Why not just send a PM instead?

motosimak

Have unique content that should see only the guests of the forum, but not those who scored most messages and moved to another group.

Date of registration is just perfect for this

NekoJonez

Can you hide by rank? Like only mods or admins can see it?
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

kelvincool

Quote from: motosimak on January 30, 2015, 12:40:30 AM
Have unique content that should see only the guests of the forum, but not those who scored most messages and moved to another group.

Date of registration is just perfect for this

There's already a hide by registration option which hides content from guests, is that what you want?

Quote from: NekoJonez on January 30, 2015, 08:31:48 AM
Can you hide by rank? Like only mods or admins can see it?

Do you mean hide by group? That is already an option in the mod.

desiamerican26

Hi,

I installed this mod since few days now. Need a little piece of advice. When I install this Mod, everyone and anyone can use it. What I needed to do is that only some people can use it. Let's say Mods and some specific group of people and not everyone. Is there a possibility that we can do that?

I am Using Golove Gradient Theme. 

Thank You
Regards,
Nikhil

tranhiep_116

i can't install this mod  :o

desiamerican26

kelvincool

Quote from: desiamerican26 on February 13, 2015, 08:31:30 PM
I installed this mod since few days now. Need a little piece of advice. When I install this Mod, everyone and anyone can use it. What I needed to do is that only some people can use it. Let's say Mods and some specific group of people and not everyone. Is there a possibility that we can do that?

I can certainly look into including such a permission, what kind of level do you need? I can see two levels to this:

• Level 1: Simply hide the button for users without the permission
  • Level 2: Hide and button and disable the hiding feature on their posts so even if they tried manually using the hide tag it won't hide anything
Level 1 is easier to implement but is dependent on the users not knowing about how to use the hide tag, level 2 is a bit more complex and will take more time to implement. Does anyone else need this feature, obviously the more people that need it the more likely I will implement it.

Another option, you can request someone to write a mod that will do permissions for BBC, I can see someone did one for SMF 1 but don't think there's one for SMF 2.

Quote from: tranhiep_116 on February 13, 2015, 10:57:58 PM
i can't install this mod  :o

As Burke ♞ Knight says, we need more information.

desiamerican26

Quote from: kelvincool on February 14, 2015, 09:48:58 AM
Quote from: desiamerican26 on February 13, 2015, 08:31:30 PM

I can certainly look into including such a permission, what kind of level do you need? I can see two levels to this:

• Level 1: Simply hide the button for users without the permission
  • Level 2: Hide and button and disable the hiding feature on their posts so even if they tried manually using the hide tag it won't hide anything
Level 1 is easier to implement but is dependent on the users not knowing about how to use the hide tag, level 2 is a bit more complex and will take more time to implement. Does anyone else need this feature, obviously the more people that need it the more likely I will implement it.

Another option, you can request someone to write a mod that will do permissions for BBC, I can see someone did one for SMF 1 but don't think there's one for SMF 2.

Hi Kelvin,

Thank you very much for your reply. I would consider anything that would be easier for you to implement on. I just need that the regular user should not use that option. Let's say I just want certain people like Admins, Mods and those kind of people should have power who posts regular posts for viewers and readers. I guess Level 1 would be better as you say cuz simply hiding for Newbies would be a better idea.

Will wait on your reply.
Regrds,
Nikhil

desiamerican26

Hi Kelvin,

Please update me on this if you come up with the update.

Thank You
Regards,
Nikhil

kelvincool

New version released.

• Overflow fix if you have over 20 groups
  • Added post and pm permissions to see hide button, by default all groups are allowed

I ended up going with level 1, level 2 would require another query which I didn't want to do

desiamerican26

Hi Kelvin,

I installed the new version of this mod. Everything is good but I guess since you have all the member groups checked as default. I think the Default should be for only Admins and Global Moderators. Rest should be checked to give them that role to them. Please see the 2 attached files.

I asked two of my friends to post, in which one is a Junior Member and other is a Newbie. The other Image is I just checked Jr. Member option along with Admin., but the one who is a Newbie can also post hidden contents on site.

Please look into that.

Thank You
Regards,
Nikhil

kelvincool

Quote from: desiamerican26 on February 15, 2015, 01:24:25 PM
I asked two of my friends to post, in which one is a Junior Member and other is a Newbie. The other Image is I just checked Jr. Member option along with Admin., but the one who is a Newbie can also post hidden contents on site.

The default option you checked has nothing to do with the permissions part of the mod, that bit of the settings is just to set which checkboxes appear checked when users want to hide content. Please go to the permissions page to set the permissions.

desiamerican26

Hi Kelvin,

I just checked about the Permissions in the backend. I did setup as it should be, but nothing helped. I am guessing the theme might have to do with this, but another thing is that I didn't get any error messages while installing the mod. But I will again look for another theme and try with that. Cuz if this is the issue then it will be sorted out.

Will update you soon with that.

Thank You
Regards,
Nikhil

Advertisement: