Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Hide Content

Started by kelvincool, January 03, 2015, 11:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gevv

Thanks  @kelvincool

Turkish translation
ElkArte is a modern, powerful community building forum software. https://www.elkarte.net/

stefanop039

hello, i installed this mod, but when i go into new thread it gives me error 500 page not found.

please a solution

Thanks for your attention

php8
tema : boru rc4

kelvincool

Which version of SMF is that? You sure that error is related? It looks like it's from the profile page rather than starting a new thread page, don't think the mod does anything on the profile page.

Does the error go away after you uninstall the mod?

It would help if you can upload the Profile.template.php file so I can see which line that error is referring to.

What other mods you got installed?

Matias-

Hello, I would like to report an error, my English is not very good, I am using Google translator, I will leave the original text below.

The error: I am using this mod together with Say Thanks, configuring so that when saying thank you the hidden content is unlocked, the error is that it shows the configuration menu only when using the NO WYSIWYG mode, that is, if I activate the WYSIWYG editor by default, the mod adds this tag [hide group=1]hello[/hide] without letting me choose from the menu.

Example:

Original text:

Hola, quisiera reportar un error, mi ingles no es muy bueno estoy usando google traductor, voy a dejar el texto original abajo.

El error: Estoy utilizando este mod junto al Say Thanks, configurando para que al dar las gracias se desbloque el contenido oculto, el error que tiene es que muestra el menú de configuración solamente al usar el modo NO WYSIWYG, es decir, si activo el editor WYSIWYG por defecto, el mod agrega esta etiqueta [hide group=1]hola[/hide] sin dejarme elegir desde el menú.

kelvincool

Hello @Matias-

I have released version 2.1.1 which should fix this issue.

Steve

Looking at your description, this isn't really intended to be a spoiler mod but a much more extensive way of hiding post content, yes?
DO NOT pm me for support!

kelvincool

Yes @Steve, this is very much different to a spoiler mod, the content is only visible once specified criteria is met.

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Matias-

Quote from: kelvincool on February 05, 2023, 01:31:49 PMHello @Matias-

I have released version 2.1.1 which should fix this issue.

Thanks! Now everything works correctly.

Matias-

Hello I discovered a bug.

When using the hide function with the administrator user everything works perfectly, but when using it in regular users, it works badly.

The malfunction is due to the fact that if the user hides a piece of content, that same user sees that content hidden (and since he cannot give thanks to himself) he cannot view it... Any way to fix it?

----

I add, I don't know if this is configured like this on purpose or not, but administrators can see all hidden content without having to say thank you.

Diego Andrés

For 2, it might be better if admins can moderate the content without extra steps

SMF Tricks - Free & Premium Responsive Themes for SMF.

kelvincool

@Matias-, these are mentioned in the readme

QuoteAdditional Notes and known limitations

Admins and moderators with required permissions can view any content without restriction
    You cannot quote hidden content
    The hide tag is not designed to be nested inside another hide tag
    The permissions only hides the BBC button, the permissions do not stop the functionality working
    If the original poster does not meet their own requirements they will also not see the content, however they can still edit the post.

I might revisit the original poster being able to see their own hidden content. I can't remember exactly why that was difficult.

Matias-

Quote from: kelvincool on February 13, 2023, 05:28:08 AM@Matias-, these are mentioned in the readme

QuoteAdditional Notes and known limitations

Admins and moderators with required permissions can view any content without restriction
    You cannot quote hidden content
    The hide tag is not designed to be nested inside another hide tag
    The permissions only hides the BBC button, the permissions do not stop the functionality working
    If the original poster does not meet their own requirements they will also not see the content, however they can still edit the post.

I might revisit the original poster being able to see their own hidden content. I can't remember exactly why that was difficult.

I understand.

But the problem is that regular users can't see their own hidden content because they have to thank themselves.

In other words they must give thanks to themselves and that is not possible... Therefore the only way to see their content is to "edit" the post, but it is impractical.

Matias-

Hello, I have to report another bug besides the one I mentioned above.

When a user thanks in a post that he has more than 1 [hide] he only unlocks 1 content, not all. I leave an example image.

The other error, as I already said, is that the post auto cannot see its own hides since the system asks it to say "thank you" but it cannot thank itself.

kelvincool

Thanks for reporting that above bug @Matias-, that bug as well as the other issue you mentioned should be fixed in the new release:

Hide Content v2.2.0 and Say Thanks v2.4.3

Matias-

Quote from: kelvincool on February 16, 2023, 06:16:49 PMThanks for reporting that above bug @Matias-, that bug as well as the other issue you mentioned should be fixed in the new release:

Hide Content v2.2.0 and Say Thanks v2.4.3

Thanks bro!!

Now everything works correctly.

Matias-

Hello, after trying the mod for a few days I find that everything works ok, but it generates an error -I don't know for what reason- in the administration log, I leave it just in case.

kelvincool

v2.2.1 will fix that error.

Butiks

Hello,
Thanks a lot @kelvincool for your hide mod!

Let me write some suggestions for improvement:

1. Please add to `Hide Content` (without forcing `Say Thanks`) the `like` parameter for the `hide` tag.
To be able to close content like this:
[hide like] content will be visible only after clicking on the `like` button [/hide]

2. Add a feature so that the `hide` tag with no options will hide the content from guests/unauthorized guests.
For example like this:
[hide] content is visible to everyone except guests and unauthorized people [/hide]Currently, the tag without parameters displays a green background, but the content is available to everyone and guests.
Perhaps this is an unnecessary desire and it is enough for me to change `[hide]` to `[hide post=1]` in the database - in this case, please tell me the mysql query for replacement.
A backup of the database will definitely be made in advance :)

kelvincool

I can look at the like option, not promising anything since it could be quite tricky as it's an ajax trigger and ideally the hidden content should be shown straight away much like the way the Say Thanks one works.

There is already an option for hiding content from guests. Just enable the hide by login plugin.

Advertisement: