Using 2.1 upgraded site and want to go back to 2.0.9

Started by Sudhakar Arjunan, January 07, 2015, 04:43:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sudhakar Arjunan

Dear Team,

I have used 2.1 upgrade in last month. Now want to go for 2.0.9 so i will use the full mods and themes as in old site.

So i run my site with 2.1 in discuss folder and now created a new folder discussold and used my old 2.0.9 and i found this error, so kept a fresh installation in 2.0.9 in discussold folder , but still i get this error message, and there is not template_css() in load.php file. ( used settings.php as in current 2.1 folder ).

Fatal error: Call to undefined function template_css() in /home/website/public_html/discussold/Sources/Load.php(2151) : eval()'d code on line 91
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

margarett

You can't really do that, I'm afraid...

There is really no way to downgrade. There were a lot of database changes from 2.0.x to 2.1 and there is no automated way to reverse those.
The only way to go back is to restore a backup that you (hopefully) did before upgrading.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Night09

Quote from: margarett on January 07, 2015, 04:54:25 AM
You can't really do that, I'm afraid...

There is really no way to downgrade. There were a lot of database changes from 2.0.x to 2.1 and there is no automated way to reverse those.
The only way to go back is to restore a backup that you (hopefully) did before upgrading.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=530233.0

Kindred

you were indeed warned not to use the beta on a live/production site.

There is no way to downgrade. (there never is, between major or even minor version updates -- only patch/subversion updates can be undone...  and even then not always)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Night09

Your only real option is if you made a database backup before upgrading to 2.1 you can use although you will loose recent posts.

Sudhakar Arjunan

Thanks for the update everyone.

I still have the backup of both files and database.

I will create a sub domain and paste those 2.0.9 files and database in it, can you help me in updating the post and other sql updates from old database to new database, not everything need only topic , post and its members details need in new database 2.1
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Kindred

no....  we have already told you --   you can not do it.

Just as we told you -- DO NOT RUN 2.1 ON A LIVE SITE

Basically, you are stuck.
either you keep 2.1 with all of the errors or you restore 2.0.9 backup and lose any content since the backup.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

stmaxx

Yes that reminds me, I need to post more warnings on this, because they get lost even if you sticky them, some just do not read them :)

regards,
Maxx

Advertisement: