SMF Support > SMF 2.1.x Support

Problem with gender tracking...

(1/2) > >>

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting:
Just tested with a couple accounts and it seems that the 2.1 install here is not saving the changes made to profile gender status? I do have many mods installed and seems to be relatively stable so far. But before the mods being present it seemed to work for the admin account and a female account, but now I checked it with another male account change and the stats page still shows the same number of genders, no change saved apparently... the only errors generated in the log afterward are related to google member map...

btw, what type of information is being picked up by SMF when you check the box to allow sharing of usage or whatever data with SMF during an initial install? would be nice to share error messages automatically with yall? although i realize from some sites this would be a huge amount of data to sift through and manage...

Arantor:
Gender is 2.1 is stored as a custom profile field, if you're trying to get it from the members table, that's not going to work.

As for the stats, once a month (in theory), SMF would contact your server, get the PHP, MySQL versions and basic stats like number of boards. Hasn't worked in ages and a year ago I was campaigning to remove them from 2.1 entirely because it hasn't worked in ages.

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting:

--- Quote from: Arantor on January 10, 2015, 09:31:14 PM ---Gender is 2.1 is stored as a custom profile field, if you're trying to get it from the members table, that's not going to work.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I was aware that gender was removed from members db, but still trying to learn some of the new methodologies (maybe not new, just foreign to my experience?) implemented in the new version... as I understand it, the data for gender is being stored in the Themes db yes?

Arantor:
Yes, it is, along with all the other custom fields data has been for years.

Illori:

--- Quote from: Bob Perry on January 10, 2015, 09:40:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: Arantor on January 10, 2015, 09:31:14 PM ---Gender is 2.1 is stored as a custom profile field, if you're trying to get it from the members table, that's not going to work.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I was aware that gender was removed from members db, but still trying to learn some of the new methodologies (maybe not new, just foreign to my experience?) implemented in the new version... as I understand it, the data for gender is being stored in the Themes db yes?

--- End quote ---

they are tables, not a db. the whole db is what contains all the tables that SMF requires to run.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version