News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

forum is closed for guest's, but guest's viewing my members profile

Started by oldguest, January 11, 2015, 08:34:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguest

Hello
My forum is closed for guest's, but on my onlinn list, i can see, there are guests viewing my members profiles.

Are there a backdoor for guests to my forum.
I don't want to have guest's viewing my members profile or other things in my forum.

I hope anyone can help me.
Best regards
Noeyes

Illori

the who's online list is showing what users or guests are ATTEMPTING to do, not what they can actually see. they can go to any url but may get an error message the who's online page will show you what page they are viewing but not if they see an error message.

oldguest

Hello
I have  coppyed  a adress på one of my members, after that i have  log out and pasted this adress in to my adress field and press open.
Now i got a error message, but after that i log in as Admin, and now i can't see, i have tryed to view a profile as guest on who is online,
I have viewed my online list, and now i have seen a guest there is  login out, it is more strange.
how can a guest login out for my forum, a guest is not logged in.
How can a guest find a link to a member on my forum, if the guest not is a member?
Thanks in advance

Best regards
Noeyes

busterone

It is probably a bot and probing your site. Anyone, bots included can attempt  yoursiteurl/index.php?action=logout

If you cannot access an area of your site while logged out, neither can they. As Illori said, the whos online list shows the action that guests are attempting to do, not what they actually see.

a10

You can test by accessing various links to the forum (admin, profile, board, topic, whatever) using a proxy (try www.anonymouse.org) to visit the site as guest, while simultaneously being logged in as admin and checking the proxy ip actions in the online list.

If the permissions are set up properly, you will see the proxy guest ip doing (= trying to do) many 'things' in the online list, while the proxy's webpage will show it can't actually access anything it should not. A good test to get peace of mind.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Thread Killer

I am getting better...this was all the prompting I needed to go and set up my forum so guests could not view my members profile. 

Many thanks! To you and the OP for starting this thread!

Quote from: a10 on January 11, 2015, 04:10:21 PM
If the permissions are set up properly...

Advertisement: