News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Disabling Error Log Counter in Admin Button?

Started by br360, January 13, 2015, 07:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

Yes, that would still work as the two things are calculated separately.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

stmaxx

Quote from: Arantor on January 14, 2015, 04:50:48 PM
It's not about the number of members, it's more about the number of boards, and the number of people online watching the board index or message indexes (for child boards) at once. This stuff does not scale especially well, unfortunately.

I totally agree with this, most times you can check the member list several hundred out thousand of members do contribute to the community what so ever, so I had to delete 4-5000 from most sites down to 100 or so!

If you site is about information and content, then most have no reason to even join as Arantar pointed out, if you get many visits, other than Bots you are doing good. keep the content fresh and in the area you know best.

regards,
Maxx

br360

Quote from: Oldiesmann on January 14, 2015, 05:27:52 PM
Yes, that would still work as the two things are calculated separately.

Ah, yes just tested it and see there is a second count for new member approvals. Good to know, thanks.

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

hmm, so has the error log counter indicator in the admin menu been removed in the latest version? I'm not getting any balloons or counts next to the menu items when error occurs? checked the in the log settings and they look good to me...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Illori

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: Illori on January 16, 2015, 09:34:11 AM
https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/commits/release-2.1

i dont see any recent commits that should have changed the behaviour .

ok, check the other topic concerning the issue about undefined index on "member", these two issues may be related somewhat, in the meantime I'm going to completely wipe the serverside files clean, reupload, upgrade.php, and try test again...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Oldiesmann

There were two different "undefined index: member" issues (one in PMs, one in topics). Both have been fixed on GitHub (though the PM one has only been fixed for a week or so).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: