Looks like a slight tweak possibly needed in PMing routines too? not sure...

Started by Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting, January 14, 2015, 05:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

it does have the upgrade files... they are in the "other" directory
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: Kindred on January 16, 2015, 04:21:15 PM
it does have the upgrade files... they are in the "other" directory

ok ok, so i deleted the copies that I forced into the root sub-directory, also renamed settings.php to settings.bak.php and attempted to navigate to http://www.rjventure.com/WPC_testsite2/upgrade.php again and it redirects me back to my main root index page at http://www.rjventure.com? what step(s) am I not seeing here? you mean I need to copy/move all the file content of the "other" subdirectory into the root and go for it again? trying...

nope, if that's what I was suppose to do it still gives me the same result, can't change directory to install path... now what? time for something stronger than a cigar me thinks lol    I'll sleep later man

hey hey, maybe, just got a notification from antes on github... still trying to adjust to foreign terminology, but looks like a fix for login popup... hmm, does that mean the whole package is ready to download again from github?

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Kindred

Why would you rename settings.php?  To do an upgrade, you need the settings.php present.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Quote from: Kindred on January 16, 2015, 06:05:10 PM
Why would you rename settings.php?  To do an upgrade, you need the settings.php present.

yep, figured that out quickly, the reason i did it is because thru all these attempts there is a bunch of gobbledy gook text displayed in the upgrade display where you enter your ftp data and account username... the only recognizable text refers to file Settings_bak.php needing to be writable... just experimenting actually to see if that mess would go away
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

edit2}

In fact, glad you said that, I went back again and made a 2nd copy of the good settings.php, renamed it to settings_bak.php and uploaded it to server so that both files exist there, and viola! I can now attempt to carry on like normal, its fixed and moved to next page to continue upgrade, standby

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Quote from: Bob Perry on January 16, 2015, 06:26:36 PM

edit2}

In fact, glad you said that, I went back again and made a 2nd copy of the good settings.php, renamed it to settings_bak.php and uploaded it to server so that both files exist there, and viola! I can now attempt to carry on like normal, its fixed and moved to next page to continue upgrade, standby

yep, now i can log in... but happened to noticed something out of whack immediately... the users online stats say 1 guest, 0 users... it didn't pick up that i logged in and am now a user and no guests logged in... man i need to rest a bit, back later
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

suhaneankit

I also used cloudflare for few days with Aggressive option selected in setting but my final experience is it slow down the forum. Just one benifit of using it is it saves the bandwidth and stops the spams..
7 Steps IRCTC Registration IRCTC Registration in 7 Steps
Check PNR Status IRCTC PNR Status

Quote from: suhaneankit on April 19, 2015, 05:35:16 AM
I also used cloudflare for few days with Aggressive option selected in setting but my final experience is it slow down the forum. Just one benifit of using it is it saves the bandwidth and stops the spams..

Your timing is great dude, you happened to catch me completely awake and aware at this hour, unusual these days, big ol grin... yea I kind of liked Cloudflare, but i refuse to use their paid options, i used all the free options to best of my limited capability but to get a good balance of performance versus security plus reliability, you have to be a DNS guru in your own right, which I'm not, so i dropped the service completely which turned out well as SMF 2.1 doesn't really need ol cloudflare as is... its up to you of course but SMF 2.1 upon final release will not need anything similar to cloudflare from what I've seen thus far, this final will be absolutely awesome dude... the free version options of Cloudflare take way too much tweaking which is very time consuming for newbies...

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

Advertisement: