News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Few questions

Started by lukeren, November 30, 2014, 10:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukeren

I installed 2.1 as a new install and I've got a couple of questions regarding some of the new stuff.
The mention system. How does this work?
I don't see a mention icon when posting a reply or new topic. I may be blind though.

Do you plan to release an updated Core theme, or will it just be Curve from now on?
I've been searching around, but haven't found a definite answer, so I'm just going to ask; will there be a tag to embed video (youtube/vimeo)?

Arantor

You just type @name in the post.

Core was designed in 2005/6, it was being phased out even by 2009 with the first Curve theme. Rewriting Core for Curve 2 as a base would require a complete rebuild from scratch and no-one is interested enough to do it.

Kindred

And no, there will not be a YouTube embed code in the core product.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

lukeren

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated :)

qICEp

By the way if i may ask about mentions system...what name is used to mention someone? Display name or username?

lukeren

I would surely expect it to be display name, how would people know each others usernames?

qICEp

Quote from: lukeren on December 01, 2014, 01:53:10 PM
I would surely expect it to be display name, how would people know each others usernames?
When you register your username is also a display name. And allot of forums do not allow changing your name (display or user).

lukeren

Quote from: qICEp on December 04, 2014, 06:46:19 AM
Quote from: lukeren on December 01, 2014, 01:53:10 PM
When you register your username is also a display name. And allot of forums do not allow changing your name (display or user).

I'm not sure I'm getting the point?

Illori

unless the option is enabled to change display name, the username is the display name. the mentions use whatever is visible to everyone as what is used to mention someone.

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

just opened a new issue at github relating to mentions, if email notification enabled, after the mention the recipient email that is constructed has wrong username referenced in the body salutation, confusing the recipient
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

also have a question about closed issues... can they be re-opened? I've already responded to one that was closed but if the standard procedure is to open a new one, no biggy can do that too...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Illori

they can be reopened, that is if a dev notices that a comment has been added and it needs to be reopened.

Advertisement: