News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Registration emails are occasionally only sent when ...

Started by aegersz, July 27, 2015, 05:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aegersz

Registration emails are occasionally only sent when email is sent from outside SMF (but within the same server).

hotmail is one.

so i have to manually send mail to the recipient and ONLY THEN do the registration emails get received.

weird ... so i tried the testmail.php and the same thing happens !
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

Colin

"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

aegersz

i have tried both.

it's weird, MOST registration emails work but say for hotmail, i have to force the mail out by sending mail from a user to hotmail.

so my PHP-originated mail does the same. it isn't an SMF fault but i don't know where else to turn.
The configuration of my Linux VPS (SMF 2.0 with 160+ mods & some assorted manual tweaks) can be found here and notes on my mods can be found here (warning: those links will take you to a drug related forum). My (House) music DJ dedication page is here

aegersz

it's a problem with email systems like hotmail ... sending an email from myself to myself, from hotmail, then brings the php=based mail across.

aegersz

fixed by adding apache@myforumname.org to Hotmail  - via Settings > Options ? Preventing junk email
Filters and reporting > Safe and blocked senders
list

Please close this inquiry.

aegersz

i get mostly this type of error for you and others : host mx2.comcast.net[68.87.20.5] refused to talk to me: 554 resimta-ch2-01v.sys.comcast.net comcast 128.199.200.202 Comcast requires that all mail servers must have a PTR record with a valid Reverse DNS entry. Currently your mail server does not fill that requirement.

which means my Reverse DNS has not been configured so let me have a look ... i am waiting on mail. ".net" sites must need it.

my bad.

ALL email issues addressed now.

Advertisement: