Moving my forum index to my home tab

Started by Bruce the Shark, January 18, 2015, 06:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illori

index.php should be provided by SMF, sounds like some other stuff has been changed.

Bruce the Shark

Quote from: Illori on January 31, 2015, 06:26:34 PM
index.php should be provided by SMF, sounds like some other stuff has been changed.
yes some items have been changed.
I did this because after working on me Advanced topic i was so impressed with the layout i decided to  have this as my main page on start up of my forum.
Obviously i was wrong to do it this way
So somehow something went very wrong along the line.
What i decided in the end was to have this looked at by PM some members here and offering a PAID service of course to have this fixed for me before making things worse if they could consider there time and my offer.
I am still awaiting for a response, but if i get no reply i think i might need to post this in the Help section to have this issue looked at.
Why i haven't done this yet
Two reasons
1: Because i was considering about adding some other feature like my board layouts to suit my users.
and 2: also some members who are here who rarely post anymore so i try to help out those member's who show some interest in my post i prefer offering them first go rather than giving out my personal details over to a complete stranger who i don't know is concerning.

Burke ♞ Knight

Bruce, if you'd use SimplePortal, you have the option of:

QuoteSet up standalone portal:

SimplePortal comes with a simple way to create an integrated portal page in a different location from your forum. In order for login/logout to work properly, this standalone portal page must be in the same domain as the forum it is integrated with.

The SimplePortal installation created a file called PortalStandalone.php in your forum directory. Copy this file to the directory where you want your standalone portal to be (not in the forum directory) and rename it as you wish (use index.php if you want it to be the default page for the directory).

You then could use your topics page, as the Home page, and the forum as Forum, and it would all fit in correctly.

Bruce the Shark

Quote from: ♘ DeadMan ♘ on January 31, 2015, 08:03:14 PM
Bruce, if you'd use SimplePortal, you have the option of:

QuoteSet up standalone portal:

SimplePortal comes with a simple way to create an integrated portal page in a different location from your forum. In order for login/logout to work properly, this standalone portal page must be in the same domain as the forum it is integrated with.

The SimplePortal installation created a file called PortalStandalone.php in your forum directory. Copy this file to the directory where you want your standalone portal to be (not in the forum directory) and rename it as you wish (use index.php if you want it to be the default page for the directory).

You then could use your topics page, as the Home page, and the forum as Forum, and it would all fit in correctly.

Hi Mr Deadman dude your a genius. You deserve a medal.
Bro i followed your instructions as you mentioned by the letter.
I placed it in stand alone mode and redirected it.
It all worked great. I have even disabled my Advance topic button now as there is no need for it anymore, as the contents was the very same.
The entry to my forum now loads as should and also the logout.
Thanks you so much for your help. Its all good now.
Finally theres an end to my madness.
Also i wish to thank others who so graciously contributed there time to my dilemma.
Regards to everyone.
Bruce
Great work people.

Advertisement: