OK, you've convinced me, changed analysis tactics & started over, NO mods...

Started by Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting, January 24, 2015, 01:24:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just curious about how many sites are testing the 2.1 beta?

I am, but only on a test site, not production...
I am, on a test site plus my production site...
I'm not, but I have notify turned on when somebody posts in this board...
I'm not, but I scan through this board occasionally and turn on notify for individual threads that intrigue me...
I'm not, I'm perfectly willing to wait till out of beta...
I'm not, could care less

Antes

"complaining" ? I don't see any around beside yours... Illori simply redirecting the user to proper channel. Either its fixed or not.

Illori

what if i dont feel like reporting it? reporting it here does almost 100% guarantee that the dev team will not see it and not fix it. in the time he took to post about it here he could have posted it to github and yes i know he has a github account so that is not an issue.

just because an issue is posted here does not mean it is known to the dev team at all.

Burke ♞ Knight

Oh boy, here we go again.

Seems like this is still a taboo subject around here.

But, I guess you all will never learn, that at the least, 75% of bugs, will never go to GitHub, due to people not using or liking it.
Oh well, their loss, right? Their only the ones that use SMF, and continue to do so, and try to help out by going to SMF's community forum, to report things, instead of GitHub, which yes, is great in a sense, as their tracking system is top notch, but is still a pain to use for most people.

If there was only a way, to bridge things, so reports could be posted here, and automatically be transferred to the GitHub tracker. Has anyone looked into this idea?

Antes

If a user does not want to report things on GitHub (dislike, don't want to create account etc...) - We took his post and open issue on GitHub by ourselves, if its an easy fix - we just fix it and go on...

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Although I appreciate the support, they have a well taken point and I'll try harder to be more prudent with these things, but I also have good reasons for proceeding the way I do as well, more eyes are always better for the group as a whole... this office politics crap I left behind many moons ago... so lets just proceed to nip the bickering cause yall are interrupting SciFy Nite on MeTV network (just taking a break with sound muted and radio on  while Wonder Woman is on, yuk!) especially come 9pm eastern when Star Trek comes on  :o

Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Advertisement: