News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

100% single login page with WordPress

Started by NewCo, February 03, 2015, 01:44:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

I also struggled with that setting when I tested it, let me check what I set up in my test board...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

NewCo

WordPress in root
Forum in the root/forum

type in WordPress: /forum/

doctordog

I have a problem: Plug-in doesn't work.
I hav installed fresh copy of WordPress 4.1
created directory /forum/ inside WP-site
installed SimpleMachines 2.0.9

After I Tried to create new user in WordPress through admin panel, but new user is appering only in WP database .... and there is no such user in SimpleMachine DB.

Can anybody help me?

hxxp:github.com/xchwarze/WP2SMFBridge [nonactive]

http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_2-0-9_install.zip

Kindred

doctordog,

You will have to take it up with the author on the GitHub site. We have no input into or control over his bridge
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

NewCo

The main issue was how to make role redirections works? anybody?

Jeroi

To where I install the SMF2WORDPRESS plugin. Nether on github ot here is installation instructions...

margarett

AFAIK there are 2 plugins, one for each integration "direction". If you want total integration, you install both plugins, one in WP and other in SMF ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

njtweb

On the wp side, you enter /board

on the SMF side you leave it as .../ if wp is installed in root.

Existing users will 'NOT' work both ways, all users have to register new to work on both sides.

.Lúthien

Thanks to whoever created this plugin! It saved me from a headache trying something similar with phpbb, where 6 out of 7 existing plugins were outdated and the 7th was broken at the moment. So I tried to fix it, only to find that it was a lot more complex than I needed. For one thing, it redirected from WP to the forum after logging in, rendering the WP-ADMIN backend unreachable. Although I might have caused that myself accidentally, trying to get it to work :-X

QuoteExisting users will 'NOT' work both ways, all users have to register new to work on both sides.

I'm glad that you made that explicit! I was a bit sloppy in reading the README, and had understood that it did that automatically, and was on the point of trying to find out what the problem was.
Actually, it's great that it doesn't because we've got a fairly stable user base and it's easy to keep that in sync. And the simpler, the less failures!

dingaling

Could someone help me with the installation? I'm new with SMF and don't know all the tricks. I tried to download the zip and install that with the package manager but it won't accept the package.

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
Package upload failed due to the following error:
"Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF."

Not sure how I should proceed here... Maybe try to install it manually under Packages somehow?

djhanne

How do I redirect the login box that shows up when a user session has timed out to wordpress login?

Advertisement: