News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Meta Og tags

Started by saurabh1938, February 09, 2015, 06:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saurabh1938

I am big fan of SMF and don't take me wrong but why SMF has not built in meta og tags?

My posts are useless on social media channels as I can't share the posts with picture on any major social media channel. Only Linked fetches the picture and apart from it no social media channel fetches the picture. Reddit - no picture, twitter - no picture, facebook - no picture .. and so on. We all know it is difficult to survive for the new forums without proper social media sharing abilities.

You may disagree and call it useless but this is very important thing as per me
Visit my forum : www.gotripperz.com

Antes

Actually we added OG tags :) We may add one or two in near future (no promises).

https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/blob/release-2.1/Themes/default/index.template.php#L110

vbgamer45

I have og in the SA Facebook mod. But you need to check the "Enable Open Graph for Likes and Shares" when using that mod.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

saurabh1938

That's a great new if this is coming in next version.

QuoteI have og in the SA Facebook mod. But you need to check the "Enable Open Graph for Likes and Shares" when using that mod.

I can't use SA facebook because I can't make an application compatible with SA Facebook.  :(

saurabh1938

Hi, I am still annoyed by only this thing lacking on my forum, no matter what I try, I can't share a picture post to facebook. Any help would be highly appreciated, please let me know how to add a meta og image tag that dynamically picks up the image from my page.

I am bangimg my head for this one for last 1 year.

Kindred

saurabh1938,

this is the feature requests and is discussing the addition (or not) to the 2.1 version (currently in beta) -- if you have a question regarding the currently supported version (2.0.x) then you should ask it in the 2.0.x support board.

Do note, there are several mods which will add OG tags -- and several discussions in the 2.0.x support section on manually adding them
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: