News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Administrator cannot upload a file bigger than 2 megs

Started by keyboard, February 09, 2015, 06:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keyboard

Hi All

Looking again for the expertise on this site ...

SMF 1.1.20

My administrator has not been able to upload a file bigger than 2 megs....Anything under 2 megs is no problem.He has no problems uploading a large file to other Sites..I have no problems uploading a large file, I can do this at will... I got hold of my isp and they increased the upload limit to 100 megs..

This is the message he gets when he tries to upload a 2 meg file

Yep. Files that are slightly under 2Mb or more, will not. It's fine to 100% is reached, then comes this message:

Something went wrong with the site caching!
Please try refreshing this page, that should fix the issue.

Any ideas ???

As always, Thanks
Ron
Слaва
Украинi

Kindred

could be a limit on the HOST side, for the size of uploaded files accepted in php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

keyboard

Quote from: Kindred on February 09, 2015, 06:50:20 PM
could be a limit on the HOST side, for the size of uploaded files accepted in php

I have contacted the host and they changed the limit to 100 megs..... 
Слaва
Украинi

vbgamer45

Make sure they also change the post limit size there are two php settings Have a guide http://www.smfhacks.com/index.php/topic,3498.0.html on how to change limits
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

keyboard

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 09, 2015, 07:45:46 PM
Make sure they also change the post limit size there are two php settings Have a guide http://www.smfhacks.com/index.php/topic,3498.0.html on how to change limits

This is what puzzles me.... If there was a problem at the Host, I would have the same problems as my administrator, but I do not have that problem, I can upload at will........
Слaва
Украинi

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: