News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to add Login button ? Please help me

Started by slate, February 18, 2015, 01:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slate

How to add Login button ? Please help me

I'm use smf 2.1.

What is file to edit?
What's script to add at that file?
Where is add code?

Sorry if my english skill is strang.

Thank you

Illori

why do you want to add a login button? there is a login link at the very top of the page.

slate

Quote from: Illori on February 18, 2015, 01:20:29 PM
why do you want to add a login button? there is a login link at the very top of the page.

have more people can't see it becuase top menu have signup button but not have login button.

Irisado

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Kindred

it would seem that your installation is missing either some files or some language strings.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on February 18, 2015, 03:29:14 PM
it would seem that your installation is missing either some files or some language strings.

in 2.1 there is no login button in the menu.

Kindred

there does seem to be a button missing text in the OP's screen shot  -- however, Illori is correct.
Home search calendar signup are the only buttons in the nav menu for 2.1
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

There is no button missing in the screenshot. The login button was moved a year ago out of the main menu and I wanted to move registration too but apparently that was too progressive.

Kindred

it just looked like there was a missing button from the coloring of the OP's screen shot...

and I couldn't remember for sure until I had a chance to look at my test site.
Слaва
Украинi

Antes

Also side note for future readers (finders) for this topic, login (link/button) on top nav, has ability to open pop-login, but due to lack of translators or any other stuff, that txt string may/not be updated so you may/not see the login pop on your language.

Burke ♞ Knight

Quote from: Arantor on February 18, 2015, 05:24:39 PM
There is no button missing in the screenshot. The login button was moved a year ago out of the main menu and I wanted to move registration too but apparently that was too progressive.

I agree that they both should have been moved.
If the one was not going to, then the other should not have been, in my opinion.
It just looks sloppy to me, to have them separated, after so long of them being side by side.

Advertisement: