News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

HTML Doesn't work

Started by erased, February 25, 2015, 04:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erased

Hello, I wonder why HTML doesn't work in my posts. I have HTML Code for table(memberlist) and yeah when i post nothing happens. I'll show you a picture, to understand me better what I mean.

In their site work : [spoiler][/spoiler]

But in my doesn't.. : [spoiler][/spoiler] tell me how to fix it

At both screens are identical html code's

Mortissimov

There's an option, what you need to enable to use HTML in post.

Code (Navigate here) Select
Administration Center » Posts and Topics » Bulletin Board Code

Then:

Code (Check & save) Select
Enable basic HTML in posts

erased

I already enabled them and nothing.. ???

Mortissimov

Okay, then try to make a valid html document (I mean, missing doctype, html, head, body tags). If nothing then, try to insert it with iframe.

margarett

There's a bug in 2.0.8 and 2.0.9 which prevents the usage of the HTML tag. It will be fixed in next version

A fix can be found here
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=524724.msg3716380#msg3716380
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

erased

Quote from: margarett on July 07, 2014, 09:06:24 AM
OK, we have a fix for you.

Please open Sources/Subs-Post.php and find:
$htmlfunc = create_function('$m', 'return \'[html]\' . strtr(un_htmlspecialchars("$m[1]"), array("\n" => \'
\', \' \' => \'  \', \'[\' => \'[\', \']\' => \']\')) . \'[/html]\';');
(Line 239 on a clean file)
Replace with:
$htmlfunc = create_function('$m', 'return \'[html]\' . strtr(un_htmlspecialchars("$m[1]"), array("\n" => \'
\', \'  \' => \'  \', \'[\' => \'[\', \']\' => \']\')) . \'[/html]\';');

This may works, but i can't find Subs_post.php .. can you navigate me a little bit

margarett

You need to access your forum files via FTP or cPanel's File Manager. There you find the "Sources" folder and inside it, the mentioned file
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

erased

uhaaa aliuya! i'll spend my life to find it . Thanks anyway!

Mortissimov

Use Notepad++ or use CTRL + F search option.

Illori

Quote from: navMartin on February 25, 2015, 05:44:35 AM
Use Notepad++ or use CTRL + F search option.

should do both or you could hurt the formatting in the file, which could cause other side effects.

erased

I already replace, but nothing happen. It's not working proberly

Look how work in my site :

It had to work so > :

In their site html works perfect as you see .. I gave pictures, to show you at the beginning of the post.. btw, they also work with smf 2.0.9 like I do.. .. . ...

Mortissimov

It's working, but CSS file missing.

erased

then what to do, tell me.. i will appreciate any help

Mortissimov

hhxcrew.3dn.ru site is down now, thats why css file is can not be achieved. Maybe you can get the css from the site owner and upload it to your server. Or you need to style it for yourself.

Illori

since the css file should be called in the header and not in the body, i doubt you can get it to load using the method you want to use.

erased

btw,  this is not the link to the hhxcrew site and it is still alive

-And now, the only option is to ask someone to give me his css and threw it in my server? Is there any other options?  Can't i download it from somewhere or caught from another theme in which, there may be css. I see that, in default and core theme there are more things, than on my theme like css and etc.. is it possible something from there to caught or..

Kindred

you have missed the point.

You seem to be trying to paste an entire HTML *PAGE* into a post...  and that just won't work.

CSS like that is usually defined in the HEAD section of the PAGE, not within the page itself... and by the time your forum gets to that, the head was loaded and finished...  posts are in the body.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Mortissimov

Quote from: erased on February 25, 2015, 06:42:24 AM
btw,  this is not the link to the hhxcrew site and it is still alive

Then why you linked a CSS from hhxcrew site which is down?

Quote from: erased on February 25, 2015, 06:42:24 AM
-And now, the only option is to ask someone to give me his css and threw it in my server? Is there any other options?  Can't i download it from somewhere or caught from another theme in which, there may be css. I see that, in default and core theme there are more things, than on my theme like css and etc.. is it possible something from there to caught or..

You can ask it from someone or make it yourself. We don't know what is that. If you can link the original site where you find it, maybe we can help you to get it.

Kindred is right, as I writed it down in my prewious posts.

erased

QuoteIf you can link the original site where you find it, maybe we can help you to get it.
Alright. http://hhx-crew.ru/index.php?action=crew

Mortissimov

I won't register, but here you can find the css: http://hhx-crew.ru/style.css

Change the link and make your code valid.

erased

I'm sorry that, bother you so much, but i don't know how to do this i'm not in time with these things, i don't understand  :-\.. Can you explain to me as at newbie

Mortissimov

Ahh, I see the link now. It's a custom page. It's not in post. Why you want to insert it in post? You need a custom page mod, like this: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1347

Kindred

basically...  unless you use an iframe, there is no good way to get that page into a post....   and even using an iframe will be problematic, since that crew page is not visible to guests
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

erased

Aight! I download "Custom Pages" of which link you gave me.  There HTML works perfectly, as it should be!  But now I do not know how to show it.. I mean, to show it in "menu" as other pages how are. Any ideas..?

Mortissimov

See this topic: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=534012.msg3795141#msg3795141

And you need to change the href to yout own code, what you see in url.

For example:

'href' => $scripturl . '?action=page;sa=mycustompage',

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

erased

Thank ya'll a lot  for helping :)

Advertisement: