News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

multipage topics displaying replies from the first page on the last page

Started by AEnterprise, January 22, 2015, 10:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AEnterprise

Quote from: margarett on March 01, 2015, 07:12:50 PM
OK so I finally checked this.

What is wrong is that there is a misconfiguration between the number of messages per page (which, in your profile, is set to 50) and the number effectively shown (in the link you gave us before, 15).

In that link (topic 809) there are 148 posts
SELECT * FROM `smf_messages` WHERE id_topic = 890
QuoteShowing rows 0 - 147 (148 total

I assembled a test forum with your database in my local computer and I get 3 pages of 50 topics (except last one of course :P ), showing normally. I change it to 15 and I get 10 pages of 15 topics (except last one of course :P )

So unfortunately there's something wrong with your site's code. There are some "extra" tables in your database so there is/was maybe some other things installed beyond what you think?
I would recommend you a clean set of files ;)
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_to_upload_a_fresh_set_of_files

in other words: we're screwed. :(
only spacetoad (who went missing) has FTP access, i'll send him another email hoping he replies and fixes it or gives me/someone else the required access to fix it.

in any case thanks a million times for looking intro it and the work you must have put intro all of this to find the issue (and for the packing of the script intro a mod for me)

Advertisement: