News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Will the added ability to hide topic from guests?

Started by Myth_72, March 05, 2015, 03:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myth_72

Will be added option to every author to hide his topic from guest (option for every topic not for all). Some of my registered users want forum to be hidden from guest, but others want to be open for guests. If there is a option every author to hide topic from guests when he create new topic this will not be a problem.

I want to ask and for option when somebody have list of ignored users, the users in this list to have not rights to write in his topics.

Sorry for my terrible English

shadow82x

Are you using SMF2.0? You posted this in the SMF2.1.x forum.

As far as I know there are no mods for 2.0 that let a topic creator choose if a guest can view the topic or not. However, if you want a general permission mask to allow guests to view topic titles but not enter check out: http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=610

If this is a feature request, I doubt something like this will be implemented in the future. Most people would have no use for this. However, a modification could be appropriate.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

Myth_72

Yes I use 2.0.9 but when 2.1 final version is released I will migrate to 2.1.

Kindred

no. this is not a function that is available in 2.0.x and it will not be available in 2.1 either....

You can request a mod -- but even that seems unlikely since the coding could get hairy....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: