using the perfect size for header logo and centering, yes centering.

Started by travbacon, March 08, 2015, 01:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

travbacon

i found that testing a header logo, 1190 pixels seems to be the best size, am i correct?

also.  i can't believe this hasn't been implemented.  centering the logo.  why hasn't this been added lol.

on my mobile phone, there is more empty space on the right side of the logo than the left.

if i use a larger logo than 1190 pixel, it will be too big on a screen of 1366 pixels and my 10" tablet.

can someone please help me with how to "center" the logo?

thank you so much.

Kindred

first...  you do realize that 2.1 is in BETA? yes?   That means that it is not really ready for a production site.

second... the logo is to the left, because the site "slogan" appears to the right.

third... the optimal size of the logo really depends.  I, personally, would not have such a large logo.
However, you would have to modify index.template.php and index.css
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

travbacon

I complete understand that it is beta.  I would think that you want us to test the beta out, that is why it is released so the end users can let you know if there are issues?

i was just asking a simple question.  can anyone show me how to center the logo.  just in case the function is not added into the final release.  if you do a search, that question has been asked many times and everyone has a different way of doing it.

thanks and great work on the beta.  it functions very well, i do have a few issues that have popped up in the admin side which i will report.

Kindred

That "function" will not be added to the release, because the theme, very intentionally does not center the logo... The logo is intentionally set to the left.

If you want to remove the text to  the right and center the logo, then you would need to design a new theme...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

paq

Here you go ;)
Both centered, responsive, and works in firefox

/* Resize the logo if we must, so we do not get an oversized forum. */
#top > img {
   max-width: 100%;
}
/* The main title. */
h1.forumtitle {
   font-size: 1.8em;
   font-family: "Tahoma", sans-serif;
   margin: 0;
   padding: 22px 12px 6px 10px;
   text-align: center;
   font-weight: normal;
}
h1.forumtitle a {
   color: #a85400;
   text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.3);
}

replace float: left;   with text-align: center;

komp

i know this thread is over 4 years old, but locating where the site logo could be centred was exactly what i needed
cheers

Advertisement: