News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

vBulletin 4.2.0 to SMF

Started by Divx, April 02, 2015, 02:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Divx

Hi! I have the database of my vB forum. I install smf. Can someone help me to convert my database of vB to SMF? Because I upload convert.php but I don't know how I do next.

margarett

First step is to check our wiki ;)
Converting to SMF

Do you have vB running or you just have the database?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Divx

margarett

Yeah, that's a bigger problem... (One that can be fixed, though ;) )

The converter expects to find a working instance of the "origin" software, which will allow it, amongst others:
- get the database details from the configuration file
- know where the attachments are in order to copy them.
(And 2 or 3 other minor stuff)

Not having it requires a "fake" configuration file to be created. I can assist you with that but I won't have a computer for the next few days... :(

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Divx

Yes, I need assist because I don't have a license of vBulletin.

margarett

As I said, I can help you. But not until Monday evening...

Divx

Divx

Hi margarett, yu can help me now?

margarett

Hi.

I'll try to check it today evening.

Divx

margarett

Nop, yesterday wasn't the day. Today is :)

Edit: dang, not yet, sorry. Why is the day only 24h long?

Divx

No problem men  ;D

If you can solved my problem, take your time :D

margarett

OK, here goes nothing :P

This is untested because I have no vB setup to test.

So you need to:
* Import your database backup (probably a .sql file?) to MySQL. Make note of the database name and make sure that the user that SMF has configured to access its database can also access this newly imported database.
* create a file called config.php, and put the following content in it:

<?php
    $config
['Database']['dbname'] = 'your_newly_imported_database';

$config['Database']['tableprefix'] = 'vb_table_prefix_';
?>

(about table prefix: after you import your database, you'll notice that all tables start with a certain pattern, SMF uses "smf_" by default, your tables will have something different)

Now, you need to put this file in a certain place. If your forum is, eg, under:
/home/user123/public_html/forum
You need to create a folder, eg:
/home/user123/public_html/temp_vb/admin
And put the file you just created inside.

Now launch the converter. In the path to vB, put this
/home/user123/public_html/temp_vb

And if we're lucky, it works :P

Divx

Hi, thank you for the reply.

I do all that you told me. I have the forum in localhost, so I can enter to my forum at: http://localhost

When I try run the converter (localhost/convert.php), this give me an error:

QuoteThe converter did not find any conversion data files. Please check to see if the one you want is available for download at www.simplemachines.org. If it isn't, we may be able to write one for you - just ask us!

After you download it, simply upload it into the same folder as this convert.php file. If you're having any other problems with this converter, don't hesitate to look for help on our forum.

Try again

margarett

You need to upload both convert.php and the corresponding converter file, in your case vbulletin4_to_smf.sql
Pick them from here --> http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=527924.msg3745016#msg3745016

Divx

QuoteSorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of vBulletin 4.0. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the Database account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error that was received from the Database was: Table 'etk999_etk1.etk1_user' doesn't exist

The name of my .sql file: etk999_ETK1
Table prefix: etk1_

So, in my config.php I put this:

<?php
    $config
['Database']['dbname'] = 'etk999_ETK1';

$config['Database']['tableprefix'] = 'etk1_';
?>

Illori

did you import the databse into your database server? a .sql file will not work directly.

Divx

Yes. So, in:

$config['Database']['dbname'] = 'etk999_ETK1';

I put the name of my smf database?

Illori

i mean actually to import the database backup to your server, not just list a name in a config file.

Divx

Ok, I put the name of my database (no .sql) in the config file, and when I try to convert, the converter gime me this error:

Unknown system variable 'SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE'

Advertisement: