Seeing peoples Karma

Started by Empire KickAss, April 02, 2015, 09:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Empire KickAss

Howdy all,

I want to be able to see who used the (+) and (-) karma for any member. I had one or two members that went crazy with the (-) and I have no idea who did it. Need something that will support for SMF 2.0.9  and that well let me see who used the Karma.

thanks
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow .Thank You!!!

Kindred

You will have to install the karma log mod...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

br360

The karma  log mod is for SMF 1X though- http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=127 ;)

This one should work fine for 2.0.9, but read the mod instructions, because it looks like when you install it, all of your members may lose their karma numbers- unless you save the smf_log_karma table from your database, and then upload it again after you install the mod-

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=192

Empire KickAss

Quote from: Kindred on April 02, 2015, 10:45:17 PM
You will have to install the karma log mod...

You think that it will work with 2.9? as you made the KarmaLog, And is there going to be an update for it?
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow .Thank You!!!

br360

I've never used it before, but it should work fine on 2.0.9

Just make sure to back up your entire site first. Also, go into your php admin and download (export) your smf_log_karma table, as you will need to import that back into your database after you install the mod.

Empire KickAss

Quote from: br360 on April 02, 2015, 11:45:28 PM
I've never used it before, but it should work fine on 2.0.9

Just make sure to back up your entire site first. Also, go into your php admin and download (export) your smf_log_karma table, as you will need to import that back into your database after you install the mod.
This mod is not supported with your version of SMF 2.9.

br360

Try emulating to an earlier version- http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_can_I_install_a_mod_that_doesn%27t_work_in_my_SMF_version

Honestly though- I wouldn't install this mod until you make a back up of your site, and especially your smf_log_karma table first- because If you install this mod without backing up that database table, your members will lose all of their karma points, and everyone will be set back to 0/0 karma.

After you install the mod, you are then going to have to go back into your database and upload that saved smf_log_karma table- this will bring back everyone's karma numbers.

Empire KickAss

Quote from: br360 on April 03, 2015, 12:09:57 AM
Try emulating to an earlier version- http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/How_can_I_install_a_mod_that_doesn%27t_work_in_my_SMF_version

Honestly though- I wouldn't install this mod until you make a back up of your site, and especially your smf_log_karma table first- because If you install this mod without backing up that database table, your members will lose all of their karma points, and everyone will be set back to 0/0 karma.

After you install the mod, you are then going to have to go back into your database and upload that saved smf_log_karma table- this will bring back everyone's karma numbers.

Thanks for the help, I installed it right and had many errors so I recovered from my backup that you said to do. And it does not support it at all. I would like to see an new update for this

Kindred

which one did you install?  The karma description mod has the log built in as part of it, and should work for 2.0.9
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Empire KickAss

Quote from: Kindred on April 03, 2015, 07:16:13 AM
which one did you install?  The karma description mod has the log built in as part of it, and should work for 2.0.9
karma log mod...

Kindred

Right..,   That one definitely will not work.  Use the karma description mod as suggested.
Слaва
Украинi

Empire KickAss

Quote from: Kindred on April 03, 2015, 09:38:43 PM
Right..,   That one definitely will not work.  Use the karma description mod as suggested.
Thanks, It has installed with no Test failed

Empire KickAss

Only one little error. On each of the members profile I can see this Right up the top.

//Karma Descriprion Mod $txt['whoadmin_viewkarma'] = 'Viewing Karmachange Description log.'; $txt['whoall_modifykarma'] = 'Changing karma.';

Kindred

fix  modifications.english.php. the ?> must be at the very end with nothing else after it
Слaва
Украинi

Empire KickAss

there is no modifications.english.php. in the database

Kindred

what database? who said anything about database. it is a file...  this question has been addressed about a hundred time with the same answer. a mod has improperly added text strings after the closing ?> in modifications.english.php
Слaва
Украинi

Empire KickAss

Quote from: Kindred on April 04, 2015, 10:33:05 PM
what database? who said anything about database. it is a file...  this question has been addressed about a hundred time with the same answer. a mod has improperly added text strings after the closing ?> in modifications.english.php
It's already been added ?> in Modifications.english.php  still not fixed.

br360

Quote from: Kindred on April 04, 2015, 10:19:03 PM
fix  modifications.english.php. the ?> must be at the very end with nothing else after it

Kindred, this mod doesn't make any changes to modifications.english.php.

@Empire KickAss check all the different files that were edited with this mod, and make sure that the closing ?> is at the bottom of them.

Empire KickAss

Quote from: br360 on April 04, 2015, 10:56:18 PM
Quote from: Kindred on April 04, 2015, 10:19:03 PM

Kindred, this mod doesn't make any changes to modifications.english.php.

@Empire KickAss check all the different files that were edited with this mod, and make sure that the closing ?> is at the bottom of them.

I'll go thought and check, I already checked once and they all have ?> at the end.

");
$row = $smcFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($dbresult);
$total = $row['total'];
$smcFunc['db_free_result']($dbresult);
cache_put_data('smfgallery_unseen_' . $user_info['id'], $total, 10);
}

if (!empty($total))
$total = ' [' . $total .']';

return $total;

}

?>

That's for subs, does not look right, but might be wrong

br360

That code you posted is not a part of subs.php.

Just for fun, can you check your ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php and see if the ending tag is there?

Kindred

That mod SHOULD be using the modifications string file, not adding to core files...

Whatever string file it did edit was edited incorrectly....
Слaва
Украинi

Empire KickAss

Quote from: br360 on April 04, 2015, 11:27:01 PM
That code you posted is not a part of subs.php.

Just for fun, can you check your ./Themes/default/languages/Who.english.php and see if the ending tag is there?
FIXED  ;D The problem was that there was ?> but was added before the //Karma Descriprion Mod, not afterwords

Kindred

isn't that what we have been saying for 10 posts?
Слaва
Украинi

Empire KickAss

Quote from: Kindred on April 05, 2015, 08:15:24 AM
isn't that what we have been saying for 10 posts?
yes, but didn't say anything about the Who.english.php file to the last minute

Kindred

Which is why, once again, that we keep telling people to ask mod specific questions in the thread dedicated to supporting that mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: