News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Make new Landing Page

Started by Valorex1, April 10, 2015, 08:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valorex1

So I have my forums completely setup and I'm wanting to make a new landing page. I want this landing page to pull up a page that only shows my logo with 3 different links on it. Each link will take you to a different location. I know this has to be edited using the index.php that I have in my hosting but I'm sure which line to edit. Could anyone tell me what I'm looking for?

Kindred

You should most certainly NOT be editing index.php.
Move your forum into a subdirectory and use a pure html page For landing.

However, landing pages like you describe are a decade out of date. Users don't want them...

You could also use a portal or the custom homepage page to create your " landing page"
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Bigguy

Here is a view of a portal that is nice and simple.

http://www.smfhelper.com

Valorex1

That's what I'm looking for thx for the tip

Bigguy

There are other portals out there of course. I suggest you shop around a bit and see what they all have to offer. There is Simple POrtal and Tiny Portal, Dream Portal...not sure if I forgot a few or not but there are a few. :)

Advertisement: