Line break in a board title

Started by Dromo, April 12, 2015, 01:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dromo

Is there a way to force a line break in a board title?

I need board titles in English and French and sometimes there is not enough room for the two on one line.  This makes for an ugly looking title:

This is a quite long title in English / Ceci est un titre qui
est assez long

It would look much better line this:

This is a quite long title in English
Ceci est un titre qui est assez long

Shambles

Do you mean the board description?

If so, use <br /> to separate the lines.

Dromo

Sorry, I meant what's called 'full name' in the admin. area.  It works.  Thanks a lot.

Kindred

This is a bad idea... And will likely break in future versions, since we will be removing the use of html in board names
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Shambles

^-- does that also apply to board descriptions, which is where the amendment was requested/applied?

Illori

Quote from: Shambles on April 13, 2015, 04:22:54 AM
^-- does that also apply to board descriptions, which is where the amendment was requested/applied?

it has been requested but no one has created the code to make it happen.

https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/issues/2821

Shambles

Sounds fair to me... allow BBcode then [hr] would work for the OP, to a degree.

Illori

Steve

Quote from: Shambles on April 13, 2015, 04:22:54 AM^-- does that also apply to board descriptions, which is where the amendment was requested/applied?

The OP requested for Board Titles, not descriptions.

Quote from: Dromo on April 12, 2015, 02:51:14 PMSorry, I meant what's called 'full name' in the admin. area.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Shambles

Quote from: SteveThe OP requested for Board Titles, not descriptions.

And he later admitted (post #2) that he meant the description.

Do try to keep up.

Steve

Actually, he didn't. If you click 'modify' or 'create' in the board section in admin, the only thing that says 'full name' is the board title.

Do try to keep up.

:P

Shambles

Cheeky monkey :P

Either way the suggestion of putting a breaker in the board description worked for him, and that's the important thing ;)

Steve

Quote from: Shambles on April 14, 2015, 03:33:25 AMCheeky monkey :P

Quote from: Shambles on April 14, 2015, 03:33:25 AMEither way the suggestion of putting a breaker in the board description worked for him, and that's the important thing ;)

Yep. :)

Advertisement: