Started by SMF Customization Team, April 20, 2015, 06:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMF Customization Team

Link to the mod
Responsive Curve

Supported Languages: English
Link To Mod | Mod Discussion | Other SMF Customization Team Mods

Included images
Fugue Icons | © 2012 Yusuke Kamiyamane | These icons are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License

Compatibility
SMF 2.0.x

Description
This MODification adds a basic responsive layout to SMF 2.0.x

Installation Information
The Package Manager should work in most cases, if you have problems installing please use the discussion topic as well as the Manual Installation of Mods wiki page.

Change Log
[tt]
Version 1.1 - August 20 2021
! Bug fixes

Version 1.0.1 - December 29 2019
+ Added compatibility with SMF 2.0.16

Version 1.0.0 - March 21 2016
! Padding of select and imput boxes enlarged to avoid bad UX.
! Admin menu changes to improve its responsiveness.
! fix for main_menu weird background creation on tap/hover.

Version 1.0 Beta 5 - June 11 2015
! Resolution range decreased to 720px (it was 780px)
! Resolution range decreased to 240px (it was 300px)
! Small margin changes on main_menu (dropmenu) for small devices (240px-640px)
! index_common_stats now hidden due to template styling (for small devices)
! Improvements for iPhone 4 (+earlier) users (now they can see menu if they can't before)
! Keyinfo now back but not fully, posts now showing time_stamp (as requested)
! A dirty fix added for Simple Portal (don't get your hopes up, can be removed before stable release)
! Problem with size on wrapper element fixed (fingers crossed :P)

Version 1.0 Beta 4 - May 8 2015
! Stats page (action=stats) blank issue fixed and size increased
! Unread topic/posts issue fixed
! Profile stats now has bigger size
! Report to mod box width/height changed on small screen

Version 1.0 Beta 3 - April 23 2015
! Google test fail problem fixed
! Login button size issue fixed

Version 1.0 Beta 2 - April 20 2015
! Missing end tag creates XHTML validation error

Version 1.0 Beta 1 - April 16 2015
  Initial release
[/tt]

Copyright (c) 2015, Simple Machines, under BSD 3-Clause License.
All rights reserved.

Kindred

do note, this initial release - while tested within the team, does need wider testing and may receive tweaks and updates based on reports submitted by folks who use it (YOU!)  So, please DO install this!

Nothing in this mod should "crash" your forum - it is MOSTLY CSS.

if you have questions or discover any issues, please post here and let us know.  This is an officially supported mod, so the SMF team will work to keep it up-to-date and clean.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vbgamer45

On one of the sites I have installed it on as guest makes the login button very wide http://www.smfarcade.com/forums/index.php viewing in google chrome.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Antes

You can resolve that issue with adding code after mobile_on class in responsive.css

.responsive_menu.login
{
min-width: 16px;
width: auto;
}

vbgamer45

Ok what about for custom menu additions will I have to do something similiar for each one?
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Kindred

yes... probably so.

The main point is that this mod makes the DEFAULT (Curve) theme somewhat responsive.
We have already stated, outright, that this does NOT fix any mods and many mods may "break" the responsiveness.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antes

Quote from: vbgamer45 on April 20, 2015, 09:25:30 AM
Ok what about for custom menu additions will I have to do something similiar for each one?

Unlike SMF 2.1 there is no fallback (you know), you need to add

.responsive_menu.custom_action {
background: url(...) no-repeat;
}

SaltedWeb

Hi there,
I read your release posting and here, call me inexperienced in understanding but when you say,

"The main point is that this mod mades the DEFAULT (Curve) theme somewhat responsive."

What does that mean exactly as I am unsure what somewhat responsive converts too ?
Not really sure what the mod does , I am asking moreover because I use a curve variant and
wonder what this does , or is needed in my case.

Thanks
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Kindred

I am not quite sure how else to explain it.
This mod makes the Curve theme somewhat responsive - enough to satisfy Google, as far as we can tell.

Like any other mod, it will ATTEMPT to install on alternate themes.... but we only BUILT it for Curve.
If you receive installation errors with any other theme, then you will have to take that up with the theme's author.
Слaва
Украинi

Antes

Quote from: SaltedW on April 20, 2015, 11:07:19 AM
Hi there,
I read your release posting and here, call me inexperienced in understanding but when you say,

"The main point is that this mod mades the DEFAULT (Curve) theme somewhat responsive."

What does that mean exactly as I am unsure what somewhat responsive converts too ?
Not really sure what the mod does , I am asking moreover because I use a curve variant and

Thanks

Good question actually.

What is the meaning of "responsive"? it means your theme will adapt itself based on the resolution. It'll hide some parts of the forum or increase width to show as block (beside side by side).

How many changes you did on the theme ? If its a simple color changes (or converting images to CSS3) you are good with this, otherwise you may experience problems. Best part of this modification, you don't have to worry about stuff, because it doesn't do database or source changes so it just changes some templates and does most of the work with responsive.css file.

Kindred

thanks Antes, good explanation
Слaва
Украинi

SaltedWeb

Quote from: Antes on April 20, 2015, 11:49:04 AM
Quote from: SaltedW on April 20, 2015, 11:07:19 AM
Hi there,

Thanks

Good question actually.

What is the meaning of "responsive"? it means your theme will adapt itself based on the resolution. It'll hide some parts of the forum or increase width to show as block (beside side by side).

How many changes you did on the theme ? If its a simple color changes (or converting images to CSS3) you are good with this, otherwise you may experience problems. Best part of this modification, you don't have to worry about stuff, because it doesn't do database or source changes so it just changes some templates and does most of the work with responsive.css file.

OK Cool makes sense now.  Thank you for spelling it out like you did very helpful.
Knowing your limitations makes you human, exceeding these limitations makes you worthy of being human.

Deaks

as the mod doesnt alter doctype then people will get validation errors breaking the approval guidelines :P
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Illori

if they do change the doc type it will cause even more validation issues, especially with the language strings that have <br /> in them.

margarett

Nop. I did perform a validation in W3C and it passed with flying colors ;)

We are not *THAT* idiots ;D
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Deaks

thats weird as I just tested with a fresh install and it failed :P
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Illori

the only fail i see, is on the viewport meta tag line...

QuoteLine 21, Column 70: end tag for "meta" omitted, but OMITTAG NO was specified

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

You may have neglected to close an element, or perhaps you meant to "self-close" an element, that is, ending it with "/>" instead of ">".

margarett

Indeed. I fixed that error (which has nothing to do with the DOCTYPE :P ) but it seems that the wrong package was uploaded :(
Fixing it right now.

Thank you for bringing it up.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Deaks

i get that one then when you change to html5 it says wrong doctype (but validates besides for that)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

margarett

Yeah because HTML5 doesn't demand self-closing tags as XHTML does. Thus the error.
(but you know this better then me :P )

Advertisement: