Responsive Curve

Started by SMF Customization Team, April 20, 2015, 06:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marple

Quote from: Gwenwyfar on December 15, 2017, 04:06:50 PM
That will automatically get applied to everything from 0 to 780px. If you want it to work for all sizes, you can add that outside a media query (or inside one with the limit you want).

Sorry, I didn't realise, please excuse my lack of knowledge. Tests so far have shown that you are right, so I think this has cured the problem.

Thank you to Antes for your help.

Gwenwyfar

"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Antes

One thing for sure this modification requires update but I might not supply one at this point. Do mind this modification is a ported version of SMF 2.1`s responsive side, while we updated the core product, we (time to time) ignored this modification.

landyvlad

marple sorry for the late reply.

I'm not sure if it ever got fixed, perhaps they just got used to it ?.
I don't have an apple device so cant tell.
check out gsx1400owners.org if you have one and see :)

Oh and just FYI - another thing I found with apple devices is that after an ios update many people were complaining they couldn't upload images from their iphones. Turned out I just had to add .jpeg as an allowable file type rather than only .jpg
"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with questions on astrophysics or theology.  You will get better and faster responses by asking homeless people in the street. Thank you.

Be the person your dog thinks you are.

njtweb

Any way to edit the menu buttons on the curve? I see they change to icons instead of links. I'd like to remove some of them from use on mobile devices. And if possible increase the size or change them altogether.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

njtweb

Quote from: Kindred on May 15, 2018, 10:18:15 AM
edit the CSS file

I was hoping there was an admin interface to turn buttons off or what not. Guess not, Thanks

Kindred

that would involve a complete rewrite of the way menus are handled...  this mod just does the minimum conversions needed to make your curve theme mostly responsive
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Antes

Anyone interested in a new version? (Note that this is an 100% unofficial test version...)
Change Log
Version 1.0.1 - May 16 2018
! Play nicely with maps! (iFrames should be limited at 100% max-width for mobile devices)
! Login & Search (top) buttons/inputs should be bigger now.
! Give more space to post... none likes to stay too close (Posts (.inner) has more padding now)
! Margin of buttons now controlled by almighty parent li... (On buttonlist, a element has 0 margin and all spacing handled by upper li element)
! Structure changes means we don't have to show this also saves space for actual topic title (Author text on topic display now hidden by default)
! Admin menu was too short to reach 3rd level menu... Admin menu's sub element's width increased to 75% (was 51%)
(Developer note; it still requires some testing on real usage feedback is most welcome as always)
! Quick tasks doubleganker removed from 720p settings, it should flow freely now on... Long live the QuickTasks! (Hardlimited version of #quick_tasks removed from the responsive.css)
! In Core Features page, descriptions are hidden for overflow reasons but no more! Now you can freely read descriptions without scrolling in the area. Also its padding increased for possible overflowing with the icon
! We need space... So ? So... Don't go huge paddings where its not needed (padding on #adm_submenus removed to give more space)
! In admin section, all dt/dd elements got their 100% width to give better UX to users.
(Developer note; this can be bit problem but end result will give users on mobile at admin section huge UX benefits)
! (Cross Fingers) Annoying extra-background on main_menu item issue fixed... it shouldn't be showing the hidden background on them.

Known Issues
- Member lists are not nice on mobile and breaking responsiveness
- Member search has some hardcoded widths in it so its also breaking things... Bad search!

A side note; there might be a typo or grammar issues in the changelog that's 100% intended to trigger Irisado... Why you say? Because why not...

Antes

(Note that this is an 100% unofficial test version...)

Change Log
Version 1.0.1(rev2) - May 16 2018
! Improvements on mlist (memberlist search)
! Added jQuery & SuperFish for menu to increase UX on mobile.
(Developer note; SuperFish might look small addition to system, it enabled click-to-open menu which greatly increases the mobile capibilities of the menu)
(Note2; This might lead to removing icons (requires official decision) and revert to old text-based)
(Rev2 only extra)! dt/dd lists improvements

If you already have jQuery loaded in your system you (might) have issues in general solution; Open index.template.php and remove jquery added by this modificationModification creates a copy of jquery inside JS folder, if you have jQuery.js in your JS folder already named jquery.js this will override it.

njtweb

I'm interested but I'm also interested why it would be released if everything isn't responsive? I'm not being mean and don't want to offend anybody, just want to know. I currently use the production version with the default curve theme and think it's great.

Antes

Quote from: njtweb on June 01, 2018, 10:02:44 AM
I'm interested but I'm also interested why it would be released if everything isn't responsive? I'm not being mean and don't want to offend anybody, just want to know. I currently use the production version with the default curve theme and think it's great.

Simple, because making the whole theme "properly" responsive requires some work and we 'd like to keep the edits as low as possible. Proper work done on Curve2 (SMF 2.1).

These are unofficial because I'm no longer a team member so I can't do releases.

njtweb

Thank you, I'm uncertain what you mean about Curve 2.1? Are you asking if that's what version I'm on? I'm currently 2.0.15. I tried installing the new version and get failure on every test except 2 files. Am I supposed to uninstall responsive curve mod to install the new or just install right over it?

Antes

Quote from: njtweb on June 01, 2018, 02:53:05 PM
Thank you, I'm uncertain what you mean about Curve 2.1? Are you asking if that's what version I'm on? I'm currently 2.0.15. I tried installing the new version and get failure on every test except 2 files. Am I supposed to uninstall responsive curve mod to install the new or just install right over it?

Curve2 is the default theme of SMF 2.1. You should uninstall old version and install new one, I did not put upgrade option unfortunately.

njtweb

Quote from: Antes on June 01, 2018, 05:28:48 PM

Curve2 is the default theme of SMF 2.1. You should uninstall old version and install new one, I did not put upgrade option unfortunately.

Ok, curve is also the default theme with 2.0.x. Core is the old default from 1.x

njtweb

Anybody using this yet? Will there be an update to the current mod page in the modifications area or will it get its own entirely new mod page?

njtweb

Quote from: Antes on June 01, 2018, 05:28:48 PM

Doing some cleanup today I was in package manager and noticed responsive_curve_v1.0.1 is still in there. I remembered I uploaded and ran the install but got nothing but failures, so I didn't bother completing the install like I had told you prior. Today when I was in package manager I see there is a red dot and next to it is the package and it shows installed. I never installed it, why is it showing it's installed?

Kindred

that is not showing as installed....    it is showing that there is a newer version available and showing that it is not ready to install (or uninstall) on the version of SMF that you have configured.

(if it was installed, there would be an uninstall link)
Слaва
Украинi

njtweb

Quote from: Kindred on June 05, 2018, 03:48:25 PM
that is not showing as installed....    it is showing that there is a newer version available and showing that it is not ready to install (or uninstall) on the version of SMF that you have configured.

Is that ok to delete then? I already deleted other packages that were uploaded that had failures as well, but they all had an [install] next to them after I stopped the installation. The word install was next to that originally.

lurkalot

Quote from: njtweb on June 05, 2018, 04:00:27 PM
Quote from: Kindred on June 05, 2018, 03:48:25 PM

Is that ok to delete then? I already deleted other packages that were uploaded that had failures as well, but they all had an [install] next to them after I stopped the installation. The word install was next to that originally.

You have Version 1.0.1(rev2) installed, yes?

Advertisement: