News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Responsive Curve

Started by SMF Customization Team, April 20, 2015, 06:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arantor

It's totally possible to do it, it is literally a couple of lines of CSS, heck, LevGal did it just fine without touching any code whatsoever.

It's also not nearly the worst problem in all of this.

Mick.

I have no idea what default mc is. Is it that dilber theme?

Sir Osis of Liver

The regular menu buttons work fine, wrap neatly across the top.  Some other glitches in MC, trying to fix one in message index, but overall looks useable.  Have to see what these folks want to do, if they can ever agree on something.

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Gwenwyfar

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on August 14, 2018, 07:28:46 PM
Quote from: Arantor on August 14, 2018, 07:19:48 PM
It's like adding a couple of lines of CSS, sprite or no sprite...

Yes, but you'd have to add new icons to the sprite for the new menu items.  Not something most forum owners would want to try.  And doesn't solve the problem of which of these icons does what.

No, you don't have to use the sprite. You could replace your custom icon to be anything else, you just have to link to it. A few lines of css no matter which way you go with the images.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Mick.

@Sir where  is this MC theme? 

Sir Osis of Liver

Not on my computer, can't post the link, but search themes for 'curve multi-color', it's on page 3, author is MrGrumpy.  Worked a couple of forums that use it.

- R. Waters

Kindred

incidentally... when I used the responsive curve mod on the multicolor curve theme, I indeed used stand-alone icons instead of the sprite...   seriously, it just takes a simple definition in the CSS to use the single image instead of the sprite with a location.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Sir Osis of Liver

https://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=2438

It's a nice theme, responsive curve mod requires some work to get it working in MC, but should be doable.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: Sir Osis of Liver on August 14, 2018, 02:42:06 AM

This is caused by sidebar menus being selected, also scrambles Profile and probably other areas in narrow portrait view.  Same in other mobile theme.  Any way to force dropdown menus?

- R. Waters

@rjen

Quote from: Antes on May 23, 2018, 10:59:23 AM
(Note that this is an 100% unofficial test version...)

Change Log
Version 1.0.1(rev2) - May 16 2018
! Improvements on mlist (memberlist search)
! Added jQuery & SuperFish for menu to increase UX on mobile.
(Developer note; SuperFish might look small addition to system, it enabled click-to-open menu which greatly increases the mobile capibilities of the menu)
(Note2; This might lead to removing icons (requires official decision) and revert to old text-based)
(Rev2 only extra)! dt/dd lists improvements

If you already have jQuery loaded in your system you (might) have issues in general solution; Open index.template.php and remove jquery added by this modificationModification creates a copy of jquery inside JS folder, if you have jQuery.js in your JS folder already named jquery.js this will override it.

I was having a look into this unoffical version.
Now I noticed that once installing it everytime I login I get a 404 error. Apart from that all seems ok.

Now  I find that the only thing changed from this package is the added reference to two JS in index.template.php

Code: [Selecteer]
// Load the JS
   echo '
   <script type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/scripts/jquery.js?fin20"></script>
   <script type="text/javascript" src="', $settings['default_theme_url'], '/scripts/superfish.js?fin20"></script>
   <script>
      jQuery(document).ready(function() {
         jQuery("ul.dropmenu").superfish();
      });
   </script>';

When installing the package the install script says it will extract to files.. to another folder, name js
What's up with that? I suspect the 404 errors are from the index template trying to kick-off these files, but they are not there. Moving the file manually from js folder to scripts folder resolves the 404 errors...
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

@rjen

There is an annoying bug in Responsive Curve:

This show on the boardindex with resolutions of a width between 640 and 720px wide: Lastpost column is hidden between 640 and 720 px wide, header is not...

Fix:

Edit responsive.css

Find:

table.table_list tbody.content td.stats, .lastpost
   {
      display: none;
   }
   img.icon

Remove: , .lastpost

table.table_list tbody.content td.stats
   {
   }
   img.icon

Find:

.hidden, .icon, .stats, #posting_icons, #mlist th, .icon1, .icon2
   {
   }
   #statistics .stats

Add: , .lastpost

.hidden, .icon, .stats, #posting_icons, #mlist th, .icon1, .icon2, .lastpost
   {
   }
   #statistics .stats

petewadey

Since installing this mid, I'm getting thousands of error messages, all relating to gallery pro. Is this a common problem, and is there a fix?
Thanks

@rjen

Quoteand is there a fix?

not if you don't mention the actual errors...

petewadey

Sorry, should have attached screen shot

Arantor

Not related to this mod, go ask the gallery author.

petewadey

But I only started getting these error messages after installing this mod? All button related?

Arantor

Correlation does not imply causation.

In any case the code in question is literally because the gallery isn't setting things up correctly. But hey, what would I know, I'm only a former SMF dev team member... (note the gallery template itself is affected and this mod doesn't touch that, but no it has to be this mod)

petewadey

? Strange response, but thanks anyway

Arantor

Not really strange, you're saying you don't believe me because two unrelated things seemed in your mind to be related, and I don't appreciate the byproduct implication that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Gwenwyfar

If you receive an answer you don't understand, from someone you don't know who is, is it not normal to ask why is that so?
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Advertisement: