Responsive Curve

Started by SMF Customization Team, April 20, 2015, 06:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_

Quote from: Kindred on June 09, 2015, 07:47:17 PM
You can't put a div inside a table... That is improper coding.

I though I was seeing a table inside a div, so that is what I said.  Do you mean div inside a table?

The code below was pasted straight from firebug so it is what is in my index.css file.

Kindred

For some reason, yes, there appears to be a div inside the table/td
That is not valid HTML...     You can put a table inside a div, but it should never go the other way around.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Realinfo

Forum Is OK but simple portal not seems OK In this mod, anyway to disable portal for small devices also guide to remove some menu buttons for small devices, thanks

Antes

Quote from: Realinfo on June 10, 2015, 12:09:04 AM
Forum Is OK but simple portal not seems OK In this mod, anyway to disable portal for small devices also guide to remove some menu buttons for small devices, thanks

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=535718.msg3810221#msg3810221 - not the best solution (it hides left block) but still better than nothing, reason I hide the left block is you can't float it, so it'll show at top, if you are okay with that you can, add #sp_left to same line (with comma) with sp_center / sp_right.

Realinfo

Thanks Antes , also guide about menu buttons, as too many questions marks appears, I want to make five six menu buttons for small devices instead of all menu buttons which appears in desktop,

Antes

Quote from: Realinfo on June 10, 2015, 03:23:32 AM
Thanks Antes , also guide about menu buttons, as too many questions marks appears, I want to make five six menu buttons for small devices instead of all menu buttons which appears in desktop,

I know I'm truly truly sorry for my slacking behind my to-do list mainly because I can't start my holiday (I'm currently in bus traveling back to university for some papers :(), I'll write a guide about how-to update/add new images to existing sprite.

You can hide specific menu button with its ID (all of them has unique one).

Thank you for all your understanding.

Kindred

Realinfo'

you do realie that this is the second question you have asked which was already answered in this very thread?  Please READ the thread...

Quote from: Kindred on June 01, 2015, 08:08:55 PM
responsive.css

.responsive_menu {
    background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) url("../images/responsive_menu.png") no-repeat scroll -5px -5px;
    display: inline-block;
    height: 16px;
    width: 16px;
}

and then each one

.responsive_menu.mlist {
    background-position: -57px -57px;
}

Quote from: Antes on June 02, 2015, 01:42:19 PM
no no no you don't have to replace, update the sprite just use the same format like

.responsive_menu.myaction {
background: url(../images/myaction.png/jpg) no-repeat;
}

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Realinfo

Sir

I have custom buttons

and buttons due to some other MODS

I want to remove thoese buttons from small devices and want to keep in desktop (big devices)

please guide that

Kindred

As already stated, again, a number of times, this was designed for the CURVE theme ONLY.

modifying any other theme to use the responsive techniques will have to be taken up with the author(s) of those theme(s)

modifying other mods to use responsive designs will have to be taken up with the author(s) of those mod(s)
(However, the comments I made, just above, specifically address your question regarding the button icons - and once again prove that you are not even bothering to READ the rest of this thread)

(and yes, we've already discussed the fact that simplePortal (and the other portals as well) will NOT fully "validate" under google's new tests even with this update.)

Oh yes...  and finally --- As you have been told, several times before - we do not provide support to sites who have removed the SMF copyright. By doing so, you are essentially stating that you do not need to recognize SMF, and you do not need SMF's assistance.
additionally, you seem to have removed the simplePortal copyright...   I am not certain if that is even legal.

Слaва
Украинi

Dan_

Quote from: Realinfo on June 10, 2015, 12:09:04 AM

I updated Simple Portal to 2.3.6, also changed the width from 200 pixels to 15%.  I don't see anything kicking out on the Google test regarding SP and our forum, nor do I believe the jammed text is affected by SP.

Thanks.

Bloc

Quote from: Kindred on June 09, 2015, 08:20:04 PM
For some reason, yes, there appears to be a div inside the table/td
That is not valid HTML...     You can put a table inside a div, but it should never go the other way around.

This is wrong - it is indeed valid HTML to use a div inside a td according to W3C.

It does however imply you use a table for layout, which of course is not optimal.

Kindred

W3C should be taken with a grain of salt...
Слaва
Украинi

Bloc

Quote from: Kindred on June 10, 2015, 06:34:25 PM
Yeah..but its even in SMF's bottom links lol.

Anyways, since all modern browsers support display: table; now, its really not any point in abusing the table tag this way. And CSS3 have all kinds of new exciting stuff(though not all fully sppported) for layouts.

Antes

0.o

Quote from: BK on June 10, 2015, 07:55:45 PM
Yeah..but its even in SMF's bottom links lol.

Anyways, since all modern browsers support display: table; now, its really not any point in abusing the table tag this way. And CSS3 have all kinds of new exciting stuff(though not all fully sppported) for layouts.

lol :P all those exciting stuff probably fit into SMF 3.0 :)

Realinfo

Yes, block settings set to be in percentage works great, if we just use left and right blocks only with 50 percent to each then it works great only only issues of too many buttons

Antes

Version 1.0 Beta 5 - June 11 2015
! Resolution range decreased to 720px (it was 780px), this will fix iPad users' too much responsive problem.
! Resolution range decreased to 240px (it was 300px), this will allow much wider range of old devices to navigate forum without problem
! Small margin changes on main_menu (dropmenu) for small devices (240px-640px)
! index_common_stats now hidden due to template styling (for small devices)
! Improvements for iPhone 4 (+earlier) users (now they can see menu if they can't before)
! Keyinfo now back but not fully, posts now showing time_stamp (as requested)
! A dirty fix added for Simple Portal (don't get your hopes up, can be removed before stable release)
! Problem with size on wrapper element fixed (fingers crossed :P)

Dan_

Very good.  So very good.

Thank you all very much for your hard work.

Bloc

Quote from: Antes on June 11, 2015, 07:57:33 AM
Version 1.0 Beta 5 - June 11 2015
! Resolution range decreased to 720px (it was 780px), this will fix iPad users' too much responsive problem.
! Resolution range decreased to 240px (it was 300px), this will allow much wider range of old devices to navigate forum without problem
! Small margin changes on main_menu (dropmenu) for small devices (240px-640px)
! index_common_stats now hidden due to template styling (for small devices)
! Improvements for iPhone 4 (+earlier) users (now they can see menu if they can't before)
! Keyinfo now back but not fully, posts now showing time_stamp (as requested)
! A dirty fix added for Simple Portal (don't get your hopes up, can be removed before stable release)
! Problem with size on wrapper element fixed (fingers crossed :P)

Do you consider using the dpi resolution in media queries as well?   

Dragon41673

Just tried installing this new Beta 5...and I got a LOT of install failures (picture attached). Any idea what's going on?
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Kindred

Did you uninstall beta4 first..
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: