News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

"Responsive Curve" mod package released

Started by Kindred, April 20, 2015, 06:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Night - that might apply if someone has made individual modifications - that does not apply to admins who have just applied mod packages.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Portugal

Maybe you are using some mod...like an portal (simpleportal), if you are using this, you need to go to your: themes/default/css/portal.css and find
body
{
   min-width: 750px;
}

Change to:

body
{
   min-width: device-width;
}

Quote from: roshaoar on April 23, 2015, 07:52:37 AM
I get "Not Mobile Friendly" when I put my SMF through Google's Mobile friendly test page with this responsive curve package. Content wider than screen & too many links...  :(

Kindred

once again, folks.... this thread is **NOT** for support.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Portugal

Sorry just want to help...Delete my mesage its easy.

Quote from: Kindred on April 28, 2015, 07:56:29 AM
once again, folks.... this thread is **NOT** for support.

a10

Thanks, good mod. Working fine & recommending it, as who wants to risk loosing goodwill in google results. & members on my forum immediately found it very useful.
2.0.19, php 8.0.23, MariaDB 10.5.15. Mods: Contact Page, Like Posts, Responsive Curve, Search Focus Dropdown, Add Join Date to Post.

Antes

Apllicmz

Marple

Thank you - This has worked well for me, I had to mod my banners in Ad Manager so that they resize but apart from that it seems to work well.

My site is now passing the Google Mobile-Friendly Test.

The only feedback I would give at present is that the icons that replace the menu items when the width is reduced are too small and too close together to click easily on a phone screen. Also, it's not easy to figure out what each one is for.

Antes

Quote from: Marple on May 03, 2015, 01:08:29 PM
Thank you - This has worked well for me, I had to mod my banners in Ad Manager so that they resize but apart from that it seems to work well.

My site is now passing the Google Mobile-Friendly Test.

The only feedback I would give at present is that the icons that replace the menu items when the width is reduced are too small and too close together to click easily on a phone screen. Also, it's not easy to figure out what each one is for.

Thanks for your feedback, that's something on my list but we need to find proper icons with proper size, I'm open for suggestions let me know :)

About Adsense, you need to use flexible (responsive) ads they fit into the view. Do not resize Adsense ads with CSS or any other method that may lead to warning from Google.

Marple

One additional issue I've found is that in the "Show unread posts view" the column is being squeezed right across to the left. Easier to explain with a screenshot:

Antes

We'll address those issues in next version of the mod.

bjornforum

On my forums I also have the problem that @Marple describes above in the 'related topics mod'.

BETA4 is not working properly for me by the way. It doesn't size down enough on my iPhone 6 plus.

roshaoar

I think it's probably the related topics mod itself that needs to a change rather than this one. The main change I made to make it work was replace the TH across the top with a div. Beyond that there's a bit of class renaming and changing.

sc4t

Night09

This thread is an announcement thread not support.

If you are having problems open a support thread in the relevant support section. ;)

iaccountant

Should have replied to this sooner...

Someone said Google is forcing a standard and I agree.

I run sites in 1.x and 2.x and both render to scale in my mobile browsers...both on the last iPhone I used and my current Galaxy phone and tablet.

Now I know limited testing is not creating a "universal experience", but I have asked various people to look at my sites, and even static web pages created in, of all things, MS Front Page (which I still use for small sites) render to scale...meaning the page fits into the browser and you can then expand certain parts of it.

Having said that, yes, it makes sense to adhere to standards if it means your page is ranked higher. But to that all I can say is that the narrower the focus of your site, the higher you rank and no amount of playing around will make much of a difference....and the broader your scope, the more you need some kind of edge using SEO & stuff.

john236

hey man, first of all thx to all, this solution is very helpful for me....  :D

Advertisement: