News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Re: Cant back up database

Started by Drlecteur, April 22, 2015, 06:32:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drlecteur

HI !

Since this post isn't this old, and i have some issue with backup, it guess it's ok to UP it.

Before this month, i could use the backup panel option for my forum; but right now, this option doesn't work anymore. When I click on the download button, the page just show up an error. Chrome or Mozilla both.

So I read your message, saying that, for a big database, we have to use our host tool export. Alright,I want to use that. But, when i do a "standard" export, the file just look "broken"

90% on that is full with error message :
(158349, 'ERROR', 709, '/home/marceaufae/valhalla/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php', 'The database value you''re trying to insert does not exist: member_id<em>(Chat.php-305)</em>'),
(158350, 'ERROR', 709, '/home/marceaufae/valhalla/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php', 'Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (member_id)<em>(Chat.php-305)</em>'),
(158351, 'ERROR', 709, '/home/marceaufae/valhalla/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php', 'The database value you''re trying to insert does not exist: member_id<em>(Chat.php-275)</em>'),
(158352, 'ERROR', 709, '/home/marceaufae/valhalla/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php', 'Wrong value type sent to the database. Integer expected. (member_id)<em>(Chat.php-275)</em>'),
(158353, 'INFO', 103, '/home/marceaufae/valhalla/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php', 'Undefined offset: 1'),
(158354, 'INFO', 103, '/home/marceaufae/valhalla/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php', 'Undefined offset: 0'),

Does you have a clue about that is wrong here ?

Kindred

actually, you don't ant to post to an ancient thread, especially which is already marked as solved....

when you say a "standard" export what are you talking about?
Those error messages have nothing to do with mySQL... and if you are getting them when you attempt to backup using the smf admin tool, then it would seem that your chat mod has screed up your SMF admin....       besides, you should not be using the smf backup option, as we have already said...

To back up your database, you should be doing so from phpmyadmin (export option) or the host control panel.

Alternatively, there are scripts like mysqldumper which can be automated to grab a backup daily...

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Backup

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

Isn't that your table smf_log_errors?

Try to empty your error log before performing the export
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

whoops... good catch, margarett!   yes...   that would seem to be rows from the error log table -- which means that his backup/export is probably actually working correctly after all.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Drlecteur

Yeah ! Great job on it :D

The Sachat mod caused so much error ( 1 500 000 entry on 1 table....) that the whole file was just too big... tools were stopping before getting out of this table.
I just drop the table, and all is ok :)

Really thanks about that.

Kindred

ummm....  you can not drop that table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that table is REQUIRED to be PRESEN.

You should have just truncated it...   or emptied the error log from inside smf admin
Слaва
Украинi

Drlecteur

Yep, i truncated it.

English is not my native language, so i just mistaken a word :)

Kindred

whew....   even side from English... words like drop have a very specific meaning as commands in mySQL :)
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: