News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

First look in IE11

Started by Krashsite, April 29, 2015, 10:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Osis of Liver

The user dropmenu doesn't work in IE11.  Highlights on mouseover, but no menu.  :P
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

JBlaze

Yay. Microshaft breaking things again.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

Sir Osis of Liver

Does this happen to other IE11 users?

- R. Waters

Antes

I can't reproduce this on IE11 (RTM - Windows 10) & Spartan (Using Build 10061). I'll update my post now downloading build 10074.

Can you reproduce same issue on http://users.tpg.com.au/j_birch/plugins/superfish/examples/ here ?

margarett

The menu works for me in IE11. I mean, I have to click it to open, not sure if this is what you meant?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Antes

Quote from: margarett on April 30, 2015, 04:41:50 AM
The menu works for me in IE11. I mean, I have to click it to open, not sure if this is what you meant?

Tap-to-open is mobile special case if you have to click on it means something wrong :D maybe worth reporting to author of plug-in.

https://github.com/joeldbirch/superfish/issues

margarett

The behavior is the same in FF, so I imagine that it might be on purpose?

All other "dropdowns", errrmmm, drop down :P when pointing, except the user menu.

edit: I'm pretty sure that it is on purpose, because the user menu displays a "loading" when clicked the first time, so it makes sense that it doesn't do it (and loads whatever it has to load) just because the mouse travels there.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Illori

Quote from: Antes on April 30, 2015, 04:55:22 AM
Quote from: margarett on April 30, 2015, 04:41:50 AM

Tap-to-open is mobile special case if you have to click on it means something wrong :D maybe worth reporting to author of plug-in.

https://github.com/joeldbirch/superfish/issues

i believe margarett is talking about the desktop browser not a phone browser. on the desktop browser you need to click to view the menu.

i believe it was made click to view on purpose. especially the alerts menu ;)

Antes

oh wait. Another misunderstanding :( , I thought you guys talking about "the main menu", top menus such as User - Messages - Alerts are click-to-open, they are designed that way to avoid unnecessary load on server.

margarett

^^ This is what I was talking about ;)

Krash did mention the "user dropmenu", which I understood as being the top-left menu where your username is and that links to profile stuff

Kindred

yup... not sure which "user menu" is meant... but IE11 seems to work correctly for me.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

live627

There is one user menu, and it is filled with alligators. Oh, and it's in the top bar. :P

Kindred

If that is what he means, then it works perfectly fine for me in IE11, FF and Chrome
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: Kindred on April 30, 2015, 12:16:37 PM
If that is what he means, then it works perfectly fine for me in IE11, FF and Chrome

i think the issue is at first it is not obvious that you need to click it to show anything as the main menu works on hover.

Sir Osis of Liver

Clicking on it does nothing, it doesn't work.  Install is about a month old, so it's not current build.  Using InPrivate browsing with Ghostery, AdBlock Plus, and some configuration tweaks.  Are we back to using external link to jquery?

- R. Waters

Illori

we have not changed to using local jquery by default, although it was suggested that would be the best way and let the admin select otherwise.

Kindred

Krash,

you must have something strange in your configuration... it works for me just fine on http://test2.turtleshellprod.com
Слaва
Украинi

Illori

i bet he is blocking google's jquery so the menu will fail to work.

Sir Osis of Liver

Works on your test site.  My 2.1 install is pretty much out-of-box, haven't had time to play with it.  Jquery is set to Local.  Will update to current build soon as I get a chance. 

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

Just got around to installing the current github version, and user drop menu still doesn't work in IE11.  Works fine in FF37.  Odd thing is, I believe it worked once a week or so ago, while I was paying attention to something else.  Been setting up a new computer, so things have been a bit ragged here.  Maybe something in my browser setup, but works fine everywhere else.  Not sure what to look for.

- R. Waters

Advertisement: