News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

First look in IE11

Started by Krashsite, April 29, 2015, 10:58:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

live627

Did you check the JavaScript error console?

Sir Osis of Liver

Getting errors like this -

Line: 2
Error: Object doesn't support property or method 'addEventListener'

{return H||(H=n.Deferred(),"complete"===l.readyState?setTimeout(n.ready):(l.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded",I,!1),a.addEventListener

("load",I,!1))),H.promise(b)},

Line: 21
Error: 'jQuery' is undefined

// clear the tip on a click
$(this).bind("click", function(event){
hideTooltip(this);
return true;
});

});
};

})(jQuery);

Line: 1590
Error: The value of the property '$' is null or undefined, not a Function object

Line: 33
Error: '$' is undefined

Line: 150
Error: '$' is undefined

But only in IE11, and only on my install.  Works fine in FF, and IE11 works fine on Kindred's install.

It's here, try it. 

un - Test
  pw - testosterone

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Illori

when did you last update this version? you had this issue sometime ago and the problem was resolved on github.

jquery is not being loaded it seems.

Sir Osis of Liver

D/l'ed github package May 8.  It's a clean install over existing database, ran upgrade.php.  Works in FF, so jquery is loading there. 

Ok, here's the problem.  Jquery library is set local.  If I set it to auto, dropmenu opens, but takes 20-30 sec to do so first time.  It's set for auto now, if you want to try it.

- R. Waters

Sir Osis of Liver

In Load.php -

This works in FF37, not in IE11 -

elseif (isset($modSettings['jquery_source']) && $modSettings['jquery_source'] == 'local')
loadJavascriptFile('jquery-2.1.3.min.js', array('default_theme' => true, 'seed' => false), 'jquery');

This works in both -

elseif (isset($modSettings['jquery_source']) && $modSettings['jquery_source'] == 'local')
loadJavascriptFile('jquery-1.11.0.min.js', array('default_theme' => true, 'seed' => false), 'jquery');

- R. Waters

Illori

http://blog.jquery.com/2014/12/18/jquery-1-11-2-and-2-1-3-released-safari-fail-safe-edition/

QuoteThe 1.x branch includes support for IE 6/7/8 and the 2.x branch does not.

the 1.11 version of jquery was dropped as support for ie8 was removed from 2.1.

no idea why your IE 11 may be having issues with jquery 2.x

was not a huge change to move to jquery 2, if a revert is necceary i guess it can be done https://github.com/SimpleMachines/SMF2.1/commit/2d9df801c54a97d9b199550c9707a1f4c776f505

Sir Osis of Liver

Another thing, the 'Custom url to the jQuery Library' shows 'https://code.jquery.com/'; for all choices.  Admins should be aware they are linking to a Google resource if they select 'Auto'.

- R. Waters

margarett

There has to be something weird in your setup :P

In my IE11 it works fine. And it clearly loads the correct jquery file locally... Can you check in your developer tools if the script is correctly loaded?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sir Osis of Liver

Well bugger me with a fish fork.

Dev console tells me script's failing because browser is running in compatibility view.  Default setting in IE11 is to 'Display intranet sites in Compatibility View', if disabled jquery 2.1.3 loads correctly.  I'm guessing that because my proxy is set up in LAN settings, IE considers all websites to be intranet.  This also screwed up the custom theme on my production forums.  Have spent hours dicking around with css trying to fix it, now it's fine.  Don't imagine this would be a common problem, but it would affect anyone using IE11 with a proxy.

- R. Waters

margarett

It's actually a great find ;)
That's something we can come across in Support in a not-so-distant-future ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

Actually, with the posts above, about javascript versions and support for older ie versions, I was going to ask you if you were running in compatibility format...   good catch!
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: