please help 8 years efforts are lost hostgator deleted webfiles have db backup

Started by yourdailysaver, May 03, 2015, 12:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

margarett

Hostgator and Godaddy? Yes, they are both the same "thing".

You need to get yourself a GOOD host. Not one of those "unlimited everything". As you can see for yourself, they are beyond limited...
If you still can, cancel your Godaddy service and hire a good host. Check your "hosting" boards for good ideas ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

yourdailysaver

Quote from: margarett on May 09, 2015, 04:53:05 PM
Hostgator and Godaddy? Yes, they are both the same "thing".

You need to get yourself a GOOD host. Not one of those "unlimited everything". As you can see for yourself, they are beyond limited...
If you still can, cancel your Godaddy service and hire a good host. Check your "hosting" boards for good ideas ;)

can you suggest any please ? i am tired trying everybody one by one.

yourdailysaver

i am getting message like The server closed the connection without sending any data. whenever i try to restore my dump into new godaddy server. please check the attachment. :(

margarett

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

yourdailysaver

i guess now i know why i am not able to restore db to godaddy. because my hostgator backup is when extracted its 1.5 gb sql file. and godaddy allows only 1 gb per single db. can anybody suggest me if its possible for me to delete old threads of mine forum and restore small db to godaddy ?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

margarett

Quote from: yourdailysaver on May 12, 2015, 04:07:15 PM
my hostgator backup is when extracted its 1.5 gb sql file. and godaddy allows only 1 gb per single db
And this is (also) why we don't like Pretty URLs...
I am looking at your database at hostgator right now. Your second biggest table is "members" with 176,170 records and 55,7 Mb
Your biggest table is "pretty_urls_cache" with 4,879,196 :o records and 892,7 Mb :o

If you take this database out of the equation, your database will become small and tiny and easy to move from one side to the other...

Note: in defense of Hostgator, your control panel is a terrible mess :P no offense intended but you have 23Gb just on emails from i-don't-know-when :P

I fixed your forum paths with repair_settings and your forum is now running. If you want to export your database you will have to get rid of that huge table, which will reset Pretty URLs. Anyway, remember that, because you loaded fresh files, no MODs are in place and, of course, neither is Pretty URLs.

Let me know if you need further help ;)

yourdailysaver

Quote from: margarett on May 14, 2015, 08:45:07 AM
Quote from: yourdailysaver on May 12, 2015, 04:07:15 PM
my hostgator backup is when extracted its 1.5 gb sql file. and godaddy allows only 1 gb per single db
And this is (also) why we don't like Pretty URLs...
I am looking at your database at hostgator right now. Your second biggest table is "members" with 176,170 records and 55,7 Mb
Your biggest table is "pretty_urls_cache" with 4,879,196 :o records and 892,7 Mb :o

If you take this database out of the equation, your database will become small and tiny and easy to move from one side to the other...

Note: in defense of Hostgator, your control panel is a terrible mess :P no offense intended but you have 23Gb just on emails from i-don't-know-when :P

I fixed your forum paths with repair_settings and your forum is now running. If you want to export your database you will have to get rid of that huge table, which will reset Pretty URLs. Anyway, remember that, because you loaded fresh files, no MODs are in place and, of course, neither is Pretty URLs.

Let me know if you need further help ;)

you really saved my life. i am very thankfurl to you. just last help is if you can remove that pretty url table or whatever you think we can remove to make db smaller. so that i can move it to godaddy. it will be great help really you saved my life.

margarett

OK the table was TRUNCATEd do your database is now reasonably small.

Good luck ;)

yourdailysaver

Quote from: margarett on May 15, 2015, 07:13:39 PM
OK the table was TRUNCATEd do your database is now reasonably small.

Good luck ;)

yes its good now. :) thank you very much. you are great. i just thought pretty url's are good for seo so used it. didnt knew that it takes this much space in db.

Advertisement: