News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Upgrade crashing

Started by djoos5, May 06, 2015, 12:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djoos5

I keep getting this crash when I go to upgrade my SMF 2.09 to the new SMF 2.1.

Any ideas?

djoos5

Is there a file that needs permissions changed?

Kindred

1- you do realize that 2.1 is in beta and should **NOT** be used on a live/production site?
2- what version of 2.1 are you attempting to upgrade/install?
    are you using the latest from GitHub? If not... then do so. the beta version on our download site is currently, severely, outdated
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Quote from: djoos5 on May 06, 2015, 12:37:48 PM
Is there a file that needs permissions changed?

no, the upgrade process is very server intensive and your server is telling the script to slow down. give it time and it should still complete.

djoos5

I understand the software is in Beta... I am uploading a test and upgrading over a mirror of our database.

I downloaded the software from the SMF downloads. Per your advice, I have just downloaded it from GitHub, but I do not see the upgrade option.

Illori - thanks! I will give it time to do its thing.

Thanks for the insight.

Kindred

the upgrade files are int he "other" directory - you will need to move them to the root.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

djoos5

Thanks!

Do you suggest I start over, then?

Illori

Quote from: djoos5 on May 06, 2015, 12:53:26 PM
Thanks!

Do you suggest I start over, then?

i think that is a good idea.

djoos5

Okay, so I re-uploaded the newer version of SMF2.1 and it completed the upgrade. On the last page it asked if I wanted to delete the upgrade.php file, which I did and they are now gone.

My problem is, the forum is stuck in Maintenance mode now. Is there a way to open a control panel that will allow me to turn this mode off?

Thanks!

Illori

djoos5

Got it, thank you!

Changed the 2 to 0.

I appreciate all the help. It is up and running now.

Advertisement: