News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Problem with Package Manager

Started by varmandra, May 07, 2015, 05:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

varmandra

Hello

Yesterday I install the SMF 2.1 on my server, then i copy some Mods to the Packages directory. Check if the installation will work, saw some errors and decided to do it later with some more time.

So today I want to start and no packages are shown in the Packages Manager anymore(see picture), on ftp there are still in the directory(see picture).

Ok, no problem just upload it in the Packages Manager, but i only get this answer:
QuotePackage upload failed due to the following error:
"The package you are trying to install cannot be located. You may want to manually upload the package to your Packages directory."

I checked the permissions(see picture), I checked my php.ini if there are somethings wrong, checked the permissions for the TMP directory.

The only thing I changed is in the SSI.php line 30 and 196 http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=467359.0 (yesterday before try to install a package the first time)

In the error log are two errors i don´t know why. With SMF 2.09 everything works fine (same server, directory and permissions)

I use a debian Server with lighttpd with PHP 5.5.13 and proftpd. If more information needed let my know.

margarett

Do you have a "temp" folder inside "Packages"? Does it also have 777 permissions?

Did you get the package from Github or the one from our downloads page?
(you didn't actually need to edit SSI.php, the current code is OK regarding "magic_quotes_runtime")
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

varmandra

I had no temp directory in the packages directory, i created one and gave the permission 777, but still the same problem.

The temp directory which is used is the sys_temp_dir from the php.ini

Yesterday I installed the one from the download page, and it works, so something happened in the night. (the only cron which is running in the night is an backup script)

I use the SSI.php on an other site and if i don´t change "magic_quotes_runtime" i get:
QuoteUnbekannter Fehlertyp: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in der Datei /xxx/xxx/xxx/fmf_xxx/SSI.php Zeile 30

margarett

As per the sticky in this topic, you should always use the build from GH ;)
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=535446.0

As for SSI, you are correct, I'm sorry. The function does exist (yet) so it is logged as deprecated by PHP.

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

varmandra

i did a reinstall with the download version and in the moment everything works fine, but I am not sure if it will be the same tomorrow. I start logging everything on the server, maybe i will find something inside the logs, what does change to the forum.

Kindred

the version on our download site is months out of date and known to be seriously buggy...   you should be using the version from GitHub
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

varmandra

Just copy them or do i need to reinstall it?

Illori

you can do an upgrade, copy the files out of the "other" folder and run upgrade.php.

margarett

yes, you need to do the upgrade. There were database changes ;)

kconan

Just want to pass on something...I had a few zip files in the package directory, and was getting this error.  The amount of memory was fine, it took removing the zip files to get everything working properly.

margarett

Can you list us the zips you had in the folder? I'd like to try that myself ;)

kconan

It is the zips, for the SEOMod, ShoutBox Pro, and SMF Gallery.

ARGGH!  This image verify on here is driving me nuts...

Advertisement: